MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Bill O’Reilly Just Got Fired From Fox News
bill-oreilly-story.jpg

By Peter Mellado

Published on April 19, 2017

SHARE THIS STORY
The Bill O’Reilly era on cable news is coming to close. By week’s end, the self-proclaimed champion of ‘no spin’ news, who made a career claiming he looked out for ‘the folks,’ will be out at Fox News, according to a report by the Wall Street Journal late Tuesday evening.

Fox News is preparing to cut ties with its biggest star, Bill O’Reilly, according to people close to the situation. A final decision on Mr. O’Reilly’s fate could come as early as the next several days, the people said. Mr. O’Reilly, host of “The O’Reilly Factor,” has been ensnared in a sexual-harassment scandal related to previously undisclosed settlements he and Fox News paid to women who worked on or appeared on his program.

O’Reilly has been a fixture at Fox News since the network first went on the air in October of 1996. He’s also been the ratings champion of cable news for many of those years – something he was never shy about reminding anyone who would listen.

Australian media mogul Rupert Murdoch created Fox News to rival CNN in the lucrative cable news market that was emerging in the 1990s. He chose the now-disgraced Roger Ailes, a combative former campaign operative for Presidents Reagan and Bush Sr., to build a conservative counterweight to what many on the right believe is a news industry dominated by liberals.

Ailes hired O’Reilly to anchor the all-important prime time line-up, and chose his show, “The O’Reilly Factor,” to air at the same time as the evening news on ABC, NBC, and CBS. Together they set the tone for the entire network, O’Reilly in front of the camera, Ailes behind it. Their mission: legitimize right-wing ideology – until then confined to swamp of AM talk radio – by giving it a platform that looked and felt like a mainstream news network.

He liked to refer to himself as a ‘culture warrior’ – also the title of one of his many books – and his combative, confrontational, unapologetically conservative approach to the news became the standard by which all Fox News hosts would be measured. He used his popular show to launch attacks on everyone from the mainstream news media, to the so-called ‘Liberal elites’ in society and government, to what he termed the ‘secular progressives,’ who, he insisted, were determined to destroy traditional American (i.e. conservative) values. His influence across Fox News can been seen to this day.

Last year, a steady drip of sexual harassment allegations against Roger Ailes surfaced, and, under unrelenting pressure, Rupert Murdoch stepped in and forced him to resign. Today, it looks O’Reilly is about to meet the same fate – for the same reasons.

Last month, the New York Times released a damning report exposing O’Reilly’s own long, multi-million dollar history of sexual harassment settlements with Fox News employees. Within a week of the story’s publication, over half of O’Reilly Factor advertisers had their ads pulled from appearing during the show, and since the Times story even more of his victims have surfaced.

O’Reilly himself never addressed the allegations or his show’s catastrophic loss of advertisers – not on the air or through his lawyers. Last week, he abruptly announced he was taking a two-week vacation, and rumors of his impending ouster have swirled in his absence. Today, it appears they are rumors no more. As O’Reilly might say himself, “The spin stops here.”

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah Gives Bill O’Reilly The Send-Off He Deserves…YOU MUST WATCH THIS!

Bill O’Reilly is a goner, and The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah is quite pleased.

“Here at The Daily Show, we want to give O’Reilly the send-off he deserves,” Noah said Wednesday night. “Because let’s be honest, he’s not going to get it on Fox, that’s for sure. Those guys are probably going pretend that nothing is wrong.”

And he couldn’t have been more right!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Over the course of the segment, Noah highlighted some of O’Reilly’s greatest hits, from “Fuck it! We’ll do it live!” to the “War on Christmas.” Where some saw “madness” in O’Reilly’s early days, Noah said Roger Ailes saw “greatness.”

“And he reached out and said, ‘Come join me at Fox, O’Reilly, and together we will build a cable empire fueled by white Christian resentment. And then, as our master stroke, we will both be forced to leave because we couldn’t keep our penises in our white Christian pants!’ Allegedly.”

After playing a montage of clips that demonstrated the “special place” O’Reilly had in his heart for black people, Noah said the host was “lucky” they aren’t all the “criminals he thinks they are” otherwise, frequent guests like Marc Lamont Hill would have “bust a cap in his ass so fast” for, among other things, telling him he looked like a “cocaine dealer.”

“Looking back on all of O’Reilly’s greatest hits, the one thing that’s hard to believe is that it took him this long to lose his job,” Noah said, criticizing advertisers for sticking with the show through all of its racism and only abandoning it once the sexual harassment charges started to mount.

WATCH:

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Let's see.

There was Roger Ailes . . .

Then Bill O'Reilly . . .

Wonder whose next ???

Sean Hannity :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Sean Hannity Accused of Sexually Harassing Fox News Contributor

BBAdSSH.img

© Provided by The Daily Beast - NICHOLAS KAMM/Getty

Sean Hannity is the latest Fox News personality facing allegations of sexual harassment.

During a Friday interview with Tulsa, Oklahoma-based radio host Pat Campbell, former Fox News contributor Debbie Schlussel accused Hannity of inviting her to his hotel room before and after a debate with a pro-Palestinian guest in Detroit. Schlussel said she rejected Hannity’s alleged advances and that she was never invited on his show again.

Schlussel and Hannity were scheduled to speak together at the Detroit show, Schlussel said. But before the show, Hannity allegedly invited her to an event at a nearby bookstore.

“He had some event at a bookstore where he signed his book for people standing in line. He asked me to come meet him at this book signing,” Schlussel said on Campbell’s show. “So I met him there and it was very awkward. He had me up there with him while he signed books and I felt very weird. These people don’t know me and they didn’t come for me to sign their books. Then I left to get ready for the show, and he said, ‘Why don’t you come back with me to my hotel?’ and I said no, I have to get ready for the show.”

Shortly before the show, Hannity allegedly told Schlussel they would team up against another panelist. But Schlussel told Campbell that the move was a “head-fake” against her.

“Sean came up to me and said we’re gonna double-team (which was a weird phrase to use) this Palestinian guy that I was up against on the show,” Schlussel said. “And then every time I tried to open my mouth and say something, they yelled at me and said obey your host, you can’t say anything or else we’re gonna shut off your microphone.”

After the show, Schlussel claims Hannity made another advance on her. “My dad and my brother were there in the green room,” Schlussel said, claiming that Hannity “tried to get me to go back with him to the hotel after the show.”

Schlussel claimed she rejected the offer a second time, and was not invited on any future Hannity programs.

“After that, I wasn’t booked on his show again. And he called me and yelled at me,” Schlussel said. “I got a very weird feeling about the whole thing, and I kind of knew I wouldn’t be back on his show.”

In a statement to The Daily Beast, Hannity denied Schlussel’s allegations and accused her of seeking attention.

“LET ME BE CLEAR THE COMMENTS ABOUT ME ON A RADIO SHOW THIS WEEK by this individual ARE 100 percent false and a complete fabrication,” Hannity wrote. “This individual is a serial harasser who has been lying about me for well over a decade. The individual has a history of making provably false statements against me in an effort to slander, smear and besmirch my reputation.”

“The individual has not just slandered me over the years but many people who this individual disagrees with,” Hannity wrote. “This individual desperately seeks attention by any means necessary, including making unfounded personal attacks and using indefensible and outrageous political rhetoric.”

He went on to threaten legal action against Schlussel.

“My patience with this individual is over. I have retained a team of some of the finest and toughest lawyers in the country who are now in the process of laying out the legal course of action we will be taking against this individual. In this fiercely divided and vindictive political climate I will no longer allow slander and lies about me to go unchallenged, as I see a coordinated effort afoot to now silence those with conservative views. I will fight every single lie about me by all legal means available to me as an American.”

Hannity and Schlussel have a history of clashing, after she wrote a 2010 blog post accusing him of running a scam charity for military families. Schlussel alleged that less than 4 percent of the revenue from Hannity’s “Freedom Concerts” went to U.S. troops and their families, and that most of the concerts’ earnings went to lavish expenses. Hannity and his colleagues denied the allegations.

In 2007, Schlussel wrote a blog post accusing Hannity of “deliberately ripping off” an anti-Muslim column she wrote in the New York Post.

“That’s Sean Hannity for you,” she wrote in the 2007 post. “This is not the first time he’s done this to me, just the latest.”

SOURCE: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/se...ributor/ar-BBAdSSI?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp