Be not afraid of Trump; be afraid of the people who support him.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
CxGrYz8UAAAkiYB.jpg

And we see it today. At the University of Wisconsin, someone decided that they’d dress up as President Obama in a prison uniform, while hanging a noose around his neck. The idea? Lynch the first African American president. It’s the most common form, almost clichéd exhibition of white supremacy on the college campuses. Remember that two Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity members at the University of Oklahoma sang about lynching African Americans before letting them into their fraternity; and the James Meredith statue at the University of Mississippi is regularly targeted with nooses.

Interestingly, that sign is strikingly similar to the chant sang by members of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon at the University of Oklahoma.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
White supremacists think their man won the White House

November 10, 2016
Richard Cohen
President
Southern Poverty Law Center

Yesterday, I watched Hillary Clinton give a gracious concession speech, one that was filled with hope and a touch of reassurance. It was, in some ways, a celebration of our democracy and its stability, which depends on the peaceful transition of power.

President Barack Obama, who campaigned fiercely against Donald Trump in the final weeks of the campaign, has been equally magnanimous, reminding us of the incredible dignity and grace with which he led our country over the past eight years.

I share the sentiments they expressed. We do need to give Trump a chance, for the good of our country. Maybe he will surprise us and build bridges, not walls.

But we can’t suddenly forget or forgive what he said during the campaign.

We can’t forget that Trump called Mexican immigrants “rapists” and killers, or that he said a federal judge can’t decide a lawsuit fairly because he is a “Mexican” (he was born in Indiana).

We can’t forget that his signature campaign promise is to build a wall at the border with Mexico.

We can’t forget that he proposed banning Muslims from entering our country or that he suggested that the “Muslim community” was complicit in the terrorist attack in Orlando.

We can’t forget the despicable way he talks about women or that he bragged about sexually assaulting them.

We can’t forget that he mocked people with disabilities.

We can’t forget that he exploited ugly, racist stereotypes when he described African-American communities as “war zones” and “hell.”

We can’t forget that he failed to immediately disavow the endorsement of David Duke, a neo-Nazi and probably the most well known white supremacist in America.

We can’t forget that he named as his campaign manager a man who runs a website catering to the alt-right, a rebranded white nationalist movement.

We can’t forget that he re-circulated racist and anti-Semitic tweets.

We can’t forget that he went on Alex Jones’ radio show and told the far-right radio host that his “reputation is amazing.” Jones is, in fact, a fabulist, a con artist known for propagating wild conspiracy theories, such as his claim that the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting was the work of the government.​

The point is, in Trump we suddenly face a president-elect who has been wallowing in the cesspool of hate and extremism.

White supremacists who backed his candidacy are jumping for joy. They think they now have their man in the White House.

Andrew Anglin, proprietor of the Daily Stormer, a truly sickening website popular among neo-Nazis, declared, “Our Glorious Leader has ascended to God Emperor. Make no mistake about it: we did this.”

David Duke was equally exultant, tweeting that “our people played a HUGE role in electing Trump!”

Kevin MacDonald, an outspoken anti-Semite and former professor, wrote, “This is an amazing victory. Fundamentally, it is a victory of White people over the oligarchic, hostile elites.”​

We can’t afford to take these statements as the ravings of extremists on the fringes of society. They are now at the gates.

But it’s not just sieg-heiling Nazis and cross-burning Klansmen who should trouble Americans concerned about what a Trump victory portends. It’s also the more polite, suit-wearing extremists who move in mainstream political circles and already have their nose under the Trump tent.

They’re people like Kris Kobach, the Kansas secretary of state who birthed the viciously discriminatory, unconstitutional anti-immigrant laws enacted by Arizona, Alabama and other states several years ago; and Ken Blackwell, the former Ohio secretary of state who is now a senior fellow at the rabidly anti-LGBT Family Research Council. Both are reportedly serving as key members of Trump’s transition team.

As is customary, Trump has pledged to be a president “for all Americans.”

If he truly means it, he must first boot the extremists out of his tent and tell them in no uncertain terms that they will have no voice or place in his administration. If he does that, perhaps he can begin to stanch the bleeding from the wounds he ripped open in our country.

But, given the early signs, we’re not counting on it.

No, we’re going on what Trump has been saying all along. The time is now for progressives everywhere to unite and fight with everything we have.

SOURCE: https://www.splcenter.org/news/2016/11/10/white-supremacists-think-their-man-won-white-house

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

FBI reports Hate crimes surge, led by attacks on Muslims.

The F.B.I. reported Monday that attacks against American Muslims rose last year, driving an increase of about 7 percent in hate crimes against all victims.

The data, the most comprehensive look at threat crimes nationwide, expanded on previous findings by researchers and outside monitors, who have noted an alarming rise in some types of hate crimes tied to the intense vitriol of the presidential campaign and the aftermath of terror attacks at home and abroad since 2015.

A wave of racially charged assaults, graffiti attacks and other episodes has swept the country since Election Day, prompting Mr. Trump to call for a halt to it during a “60 Minutes” interview broadcast on Sunday night.

In its report Monday, the F.B.I. cataloged a total of 5,818 hate crimes in 2015 — a rise of nearly 340 over the year before — including assaults, bombings, threats and property destruction against minorities, women, gays and others.

Attacks against Muslim Americans saw the biggest surge: 257 reports of assaults, attacks on mosques and other types hate crimes against Muslims last year, a jump of about 67 percent over the year before. It was the highest total since 2001, when the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attacks saw more than 480 attacks.

Attacks against transgender people also sharply increased, the data showed.

Law enforcement officials acknowledge that the statistics give an incomplete picture because many local agencies still have a spotty record of reporting hate crimes, 26 years after Congress directed the Justice Department to begin collecting the data.

“We need to do a better job of tracking and reporting hate crime to fully understand what is happening in our communities and how to stop it,” James B. Comey Jr., the F.B.I. director, said Monday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/14/u...ackage-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Maybe we aren't alarmist enough

AAkxPIO.img
©
rlizik|File|Filed|11/3/2016 2:50:36 PM/ASSOCIATED PRESS/AP Images Robin Sirois, center left, and Tina Edwards, center right, pose for photographs with a Confederate flag ahead of a Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump campaign…

Editor’s note: The opinions in this article are the author’s, as published by our content partner, and do not necessarily represent the views of MSN or Microsoft.

A few days ago, a black woman I know got a text from a friend who asked what she'd be wearing "to the slave auction in January."

Another friend, who is white, wrote that she is "seriously picturing trains to Auschwitz. I can't convey how seriously."

These are the kinds of conversations I find myself having in a world suddenly grown ominous and strange. You try to keep a level head, to remind yourself and others that the tragedies alluded to -- slavery and the Holocaust -- are unique. They are not going to repeat. We must not be too alarmist.

But the hits just keep on coming.

The other day, my brother reported seeing a pickup truck emblazoned with the Confederate battle flag tooling down the road in L.A. I lived in that city for 34 years, he's lived there 47. Neither of us can recall ever seeing that before. A few days later, he tells me some random white lady screamed "N----r!" at him -- just that word, no other commentary -- because she didn't like his driving.

So it goes in these first days of the Trump era.

You want to say it's just your imagination inflating random badness into a narrative of racist white bully boys and girls feeling free to vent their hatred now that one of their own has come to power. One tends to see what one is looking for, after all.

But if this is just imagination, there's a lot of it going around.

A black woman in a Walmart parking lot says she was called "n----r b---h" and told to go "back to Africa" by a truck full of white men who yelled "Make America white again!" before throwing cups full of chewing tobacco saliva on her.

A black woman in Charlotte reports holding the door for an older white man in a veteran's hat. She said, "Thank you for your service." He said, "At least you n----rs are grateful for something."

Racist messages are sent to black freshmen at the University of Pennsylvania. On a train in Oregon, a group of teenagers gang up on a Muslim woman, calling her a terrorist and saying that Trump will deport her. A Latina woman in Texas says she was walking her baby in the park when a white woman in a truck sped by yelling, "White power!" In Raleigh, a man says he and his boyfriend were called "F-----g f----ts" in another episode of drive-by hate. In Durham, graffiti declares "Black lives doesn't matter."

The Southern Poverty Law Center says it recorded 447 incidents of hateful intimidation and vandalism in the first five days after the election. Many perpetrators explicitly invoked Trump. SPLC president Richard Cohen told USA Today that the haters are now "feeling their oats."

I can testify to that. Shortly before the election, I received in response to a column on Trump an email from "Matt," which said things like "I want you to read about your mom being raped by Muslim terrorists and then see her burned alive in a cage." I am hardly a stranger to hate, but "Matt" represents a new level of sickness that has become sadly familiar in the last year and a half.

With apologies to Stephen Stills, there's something happening here; what it is ain't exactly clear.

No, it's not slavery, nor is it Holocaust. But it is something. That much, we can no longer doubt.

And I am reminded of German Jews who watched a monumental evil gather itself against them, all the while assuring one another that things weren't as bad as they seemed, that their country would soon return to its senses. Meantime, the boxcars were lining up.

To recall their response to a world suddenly grown ominous and strange is to wonder at our own. Maybe we are too alarmist.

Or maybe we're not alarmist enough.

(Leonard Pitts is a columnist for The Miami Herald, 1 Herald Plaza, Miami, Fla., 33132. Readers may contact him via e-mail at lpitts@miamiherald.com.)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/maybe-we-arent-alarmist-enough/ar-AAkvTKJ

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
"If your job can be taken by a hypothetical unskilled, non-English-speaking illegal immigrant or outsourced worker, I’m going to give you some bad advice.

I’m going to give you the same bad advice you gave millennials: stop whining, you’re not entitled to anything and nobody owes you a job.

I’m going to give you the same bad advice you gave minimum wage workers: stop being lazy. Get a skill. work harder and you’ll move up.

I’m going to give you the same bad advice you gave sexual assault victims: you should have made better choices and this wouldn’t have happened to you.

And when you find that this advice is not helpful or even true, then instead of attacking your fellow worker, the one who’s willing to work for less than a legal wage to feed his family, maybe you should go after the structures of power that allow and incentivize your employer’s choice to relocate your job."

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is no reason to be afraid of Trump. We watched New Orleans flood, and we also watched Bush send in troops to Iraq to increase money for his friends yet we lost American lives and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis that were innocent people just living in the wrong place at the wrong time. As men we should fear no president but if people did not fear Bush and Clinton 2 of the greatest devils that ever sat in Satan office then there is not much more to be feared. And Bush dad was also a great devil and gangster that has made history for those who know what is going on.
I would rather a devil uncover himself so we can see him for what he really is than to fool you and make you think you do not need to do something for yourself. They act like every part of the earth belongs to them and white power. And if blacks want to keep helping them to accomplish this that is there mistake. But if we do not see what is going it is maybe because we have already been bought.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
There is no reason to be afraid of Trump. We watched New Orleans flood, and we also watched Bush send in troops to Iraq to increase money for his friends yet we lost American lives and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis that were innocent people just living in the wrong place at the wrong time. As men we should fear no president but if people did not fear Bush and Clinton 2 of the greatest devils that ever sat in Satan office then there is not much more to be feared. And Bush dad was also a great devil and gangster that has made history for those who know what is going on.
I would rather a devil uncover himself so we can see him for what he really is than to fool you and make you think you do not need to do something for yourself. They act like every part of the earth belongs to them and white power. And if blacks want to keep helping them to accomplish this that is there mistake. But if we do not see what is going it is maybe because we have already been bought.

Yeah this thread is less about him and more about the evil his followers feel emboldened to openly express since his campaign and now election.

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah this thread is less about him and more about the evil his followers feel emboldened to openly express since his campaign and now election.
They have always plotted on us. Every person sworn into office as the president of the united states, they have to reveal secrets to that person about black people. And we should never forget that navy seals were training white militia groups in New Orleans. We saw the last president try to promote homosexuality among the young black males in Africa. And he was the personality behind the genocide of blacks in Libya while they were hunting Moammar Gadhafi. Bush told lies that got American soldiers killed and killed hundreds of thousands of innocent citizens of Iraq. We are helping Satan (whites) to keep control of the world and world suffering. It is sad to see African countries sit on wealth only to have it westernized and controlled by white power countries. And now the Chinese are there enslaving the blacks and exploiting the resources.
These people steal trillions of dollars and no one can do anything about it. They rehearse killing unarmed blacks and no one could do anything about it. In fact the killers are rewarded right in our face. 911 was a terrorist act and we know that it was white terrorist that did it got trillions of dollars for it and more control of the masses for their blessing in helping them to do more terrorist acts around the world.
There is to much we know and can do nothing about. And there is still a lot hid from the masses for us (blacks)to be only concerned about overcoming this white man's world. Soon it will be a choice like South Africa was faced with at one time. Prepare to die on your knees begging for hilp or prepare