5 Black Men Shot In Tulsa!! WTF's Goin on??!!

NnubianN

Audio & Video Guru
Registered
Maaaan shit's getting waaay outta pocket! I first heard it on the radio on WBLS 107.5 Sat afternoon. DJ said she wasn't sure if it was true. I turned to 1010 WINS and din't hear squat. Just getting home I googled 5 Blacks shot and actually had to search down on the page for it.

It's open season on Black men homies. Be warned. Be prepared. BE READY. They comin for you with no mercy

Tulsa shootings: Police chief warns man who shot 5 black men: 'We're coming for you'

Chief Chuck Jordan described the attacks, all of which occurred early Friday, as 'vicious and cowardly.' All five victims were black, leaving Tulsa’s black community on edge.

NEWS WIRE SERVICES
Published: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 10:03 PM
Updated: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 10:42 PM

TULSA, Okla. — The city’s police chief had strong words of warning Saturday for the man behind the shootings that left three people dead and two more critically wounded: “We’re coming for you.”

Chief Chuck Jordan described the attacks, all of which occurred early Friday, as “vicious and cowardly.”

All five victims were black, leaving Tulsa’s black community on edge.

“We’re all nervous,” said Renaldo Works, 52, who was getting his hair cut at the crowded Charlie’s Angels Forever Hair Style Shop on Saturday morning.

“I’ve got a 15-year-old, and I’m not going to let him out late. People are scared. We need facts. You don’t want to be a prisoner in your own home,” he said.

Investigators think the incidents are linked because they happened around the same time within a 3-mile radius and all five victims were out walking when they were shot.

Officer Jason Willingham said police are searching for a white man driving a white pickup, which was spotted in the area of three of the shootings.

One victim told police the driver of the pickup stopped to ask for directions before opening fire.

There is no indication the shooter used a racial slur, police said.

At least two dozen officers are investigating the case, along with the FBI and U.S. Marshals Service, Willingham said.

“We don’t have one definitive way where this investigation is headed,” Willingham said. “Right now, that’s the only thing we have to go on."

The Rev. Warren Blakney, president of the Tulsa NAACP, said “avid distrust” between the black community and the police department had raised concerns that the shootings wouldn’t be fully investigated, and he contacted police to emphasize the need for them to work together to avoid vigilantism.

“We have to handle this because there are a number of African-American males who are not going to allow this to happen in their neighborhood,” he said. “We’re trying to quell the feeling of ‘let’s get someone,’ and we will make as certain as we can that this isn’t pushed under the rug.”

Four of Friday’s shooting victims were found in yards, and the fifth in a street. Police identified those killed as Dannaer Fields, 49, Bobby Clark, 54, and William Allen, 31.

Fields was found wounded about 1 a.m. Friday, Clark was found in a street about an hour later, and Allen was discovered in the yard of a funeral home about 8:30 a.m., though investigators believe he was shot much earlier.

Minutes after Fields was found, police found two men with gunshot wounds in another yard two blocks away. They were taken to hospitals in critical condition but were expected to survive, police said.

Willingham said those men described the shooter as being white.

“The police chief has assured me they are doing all they can,” Blakney said. “We don’t want anybody else hurt, white or black.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...man-shot-5-black-men-coming-article-1.1058079

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

2 arrested in shootings of 3 blacks in Oklahoma

The men are arrested at a home north of Tulsa after an
anonymous tip, police say. Both suspects are white.

TULSA, Okla.— Police said special operations officers and other agents arrested two white men early Sunday, saying they were suspects in recent shootings that left three people dead and two others critically wounded, all black, in the Tulsa area.

Tulsa police spokesman Jason Willingham said the two men were arrested at a home just north of Tulsa at 1:47 a.m. Sunday and they were expected to face three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of shooting with intent to kill. He said police acted on an anonymous tip and went to one location and followed the suspects after they had traveled about a half mile on foot to another place where they were apprehended. He declined to characterize that as a pursuit.

Willingham identified the men in custody as 19-year-old Jake England and 32-year-old Alvin Watts, both white, but gave no hometowns for them.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-naw-tulsa-shootings-20120409,0,5266058.story

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Use the 2nd amendment and get strapped up.

I'm a conservative, but I'm a black man also.

Here's some advice. Go to the gun range, practice, understand the gun laws in your state, keep a cool demeanor about yourself.

If any fuckhead follow you, get to your house, grab the gun, and have 911 on the line.

Only stop if they are the police, and produce a badge. Make sure you have a CHL if you are carrying your gun *depends on state*. Tell the police that you have a chl, and you are holding.

Don't just have one gun. I highly suggest you keep about six guns just in case.

Three for home defense *an assault rifle, shotgun, and a large caliber pistol*, two carry weapons *the new glocks are the best*, and a hunting rifle *never know when you might need to hunt for your own food*.

Why so many guns?

If, by chance, you're unlucky enough to have to use the weapon, the law can keep the gun for a long period of time. You might need back up weapons.

This is about your security, and trust, I'm doing the same.

Besides, guns are fun to shoot at the range....

Dmain_Event

Star
Registered

Here's some advice. Go to the gun range, practice, understand the gun laws in your state, keep a cool demeanor about yourself.

If any fuckhead follow you, get to your house, grab the gun, and have 911 on the line.

Only stop if they are the police, and produce a badge. Make sure you have a CHL if you are carrying your gun *depends on state*. Tell the police that you have a chl, and you are holding.

Don't just have one gun. I highly suggest you keep about six guns just in case.

Three for home defense *an assault rifle, shotgun, and a large caliber pistol*, two carry weapons *the new glocks are the best*, and a hunting rifle *never know when you might need to hunt for your own food*.

Why so many guns?

If, by chance, you're unlucky enough to have to use the weapon, the law can keep the gun for a long period of time. You might need back up weapons.

This is about your security, and trust, I'm doing the same.

Besides, guns are fun to shoot at the range....

Smart man.

nittie

Star
Registered
Official body count since media started Martin mania whites 5 blacks 0 like I said from the start this is about inciting them not us.

Lamarr

Star
Registered
Official body count since media started Martin mania whites 5 blacks 0 like I said from the start this is about inciting them not us.

Unfortunate incident indeed. I don't believe it is a "them" vs. "us" thing. Let me explain myself;

This entire fiasco is being promoted heavily by the media, whether it be Trayvon or a disagreement with the Presidents policies. The media is dictating to people what they should or should not get mad about. People are upset today, just as they were in 2008. A lot of folks are having their lifestyles altered due to unemployment or the rise in the cost of living.

Meanwhile, Corzine still walkin around a free man while he admittedly, took money from segregated accounts and sent it to JP Morgan (London).

That's the bigger picture bruh! The media & the power elite want blacks fightin with the toothless hillbillies, Mexicans, Arabs, etc. while they steal all the money and send it offshore! We have to use our minds in this one!

nittie

Star
Registered
Unfortunate incident indeed. I don't believe it is a "them" vs. "us" thing. Let me explain myself;

This entire fiasco is being promoted heavily by the media, whether it be Trayvon or a disagreement with the Presidents policies. The media is dictating to people what they should or should not get mad about. People are upset today, just as they were in 2008. A lot of folks are having their lifestyles altered due to unemployment or the rise in the cost of living.

Meanwhile, Corzine still walkin around a free man while he admittedly, took money from segregated accounts and sent it to JP Morgan (London).

That's the bigger picture bruh! The media & the power elite want blacks fightin with the toothless hillbillies, Mexicans, Arabs, etc. while they steal all the money and send it offshore! We have to use our minds in this one!

Nothing personal but you didn't speak up earlier. If this is the battle you suggest it is then you should have taken your position from the start and defended it until the end.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fucking barbarians!

<iframe src="http://www.top5ofanything.com/index.php?h=05cfdff7" width=800 height=1000></iframe>

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

I really expected more from you.

:smh:

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
". . . I don't believe it is a "them" vs. "us" thing. Let me explain myself;

This entire fiasco is being promoted heavily by the media,

The media is dictating to people what they should or should not get mad about.

Just an observation!

Summed up: The Media Made em Do it.

:puke:

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Arrested:

2a6717_tulsa4912.jpg

Tulsa police arrested two men Sunday in a series of shootings that left three
Tulsans dead and two injured after "scores" of tips from residents were received,
they said.

Jake England, 19, and Alvin Watts, 32, are being held at the Tulsa Jail on three
first-degree murder complaints, two complaints of shooting with intent to kill and
a single complaint of possession of a firearm while committing a felony.

England and Watts were arrested at 1:47 a.m. Easter Sunday, about 48 hours
after a Good Friday marred by police discovering multiple gunshot victims in a
three-mile area of north Tulsa.

Police said the men were found together at a home in a Turley neighborhood less
than a mile from their residence and near the area where the shootings occurred.

Authorities received several anonymous tips that indicated England was the
shooter, according to his arrest report. Police then discovered their location
after attempting to serve a search warrant at their home in the 2800 block of
East 61st Street North.

"I'm just really amazed at how quickly we were able to apprehend these two
subjects, but there are still a whole lot of unanswered questions that we have
to have answered," said Tulsa Police Maj. Walter Evans, commander of the
detective division and of the Operation Random Shooter joint task force
established Saturday.

Police said Sunday during a news conference that officers recovered a gun they
believe to have been used in the shootings but declined to elaborate.

Race element

Despite national media coverage inferring that the shootings may have been
racially motivated, Tulsa Police Chief Chuck Jordan said it's too early to tell if
they were. Police have said all of the shooting victims are black. Arrest reports
say England and Watts are white.

"We're going to let the evidence take us where we want to go," Jordan
said. "There are other motivations than race sometimes in these type of
incidents, and we're going to look at it all."

Jordan said he didn't anticipate federal charges against England and Watts but
said if evidence of a hate crime is uncovered, the two could be tried in
accordance with state hate crime statutes.

Police declined to discuss alternative motives but confirmed England's father was
slain in Tulsa in 2010. The man charged in that case is black, court records
show.

City Councilor Jack Henderson reaffirmed concerns expressed with Tulsa's black
community and elsewhere that the shootings may have been hate crimes.

"I think that somebody that committed these crimes was very upset with black
people," he said. "That person happened to be a white person. ... That fits the
bill for me, that's a personal feeling."

Carl England, Jake England's father, was fatally shot at Comanche Park
Apartments, 3608 N. Quaker Ave., a quarter-mile east of where victim William
Allen was found.

The man arrested following Carl England's death, Pernell Demond Jefferson, was
charged in the case with pointing a firearm and is serving a prison sentence
through October 2014, according to Department of Corrections records.

Facebook Posts

Jake England makes several references to the two-year anniversary of his
father's death on his Facebook page, including a post at 3:04 p.m. Thursday
that says, "Today is two years that my dad has been gone shot by a f------
n----- it's hard not to go off between that and sheran I'm gone in the head."

England's Facebook page indicates that his girlfriend, Sheran Hart Wilde,
recently died.
Her death notice was published Jan. 12 in the Tulsa World.

Family members of England and Watts maintain neither man harbored racist
tendencies.

Finding the suspects

Jordan and city leaders lauded law enforcement's efforts and expediency in
capturing England and Watts at an Easter Sunday press conference.

"I can tell you right now there's no chief of police right now more proud of his
department and the collaborative agencies that his department works with than
I am," Jordan said.

"The calls I got from agency heads wanting to volunteer their people is
indicative of how we look at this kind of crime in Tulsa, Okla. I can't say enough
about how everybody in law enforcement came together also to go out and get
these guys."

Mayor Dewey Bartlett commended Jordan, who he said "helped set the tone that
we were going to get these guys, that we were coming."

The arrests came less than 12 hours after authorities formed a task force called
Operation Random Shooter, which consisted of 30 investigators from the Tulsa
Police Department, the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office, the U.S. Marshals Service
and the FBI.

Callers to Tulsa's Crime Stoppers tipline told police England owned a white pickup
and intended to burn it.

Osage County deputies found a burned white Chevrolet pickup near 6000 N.
Osage Drive about 6 p.m. Saturday, arrest reports show. The truck's registration
checked to Jacob or Carl England, the arrest report shows.

Jake England's first name is listed in jail records as Jacob.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/specialpr...rticleid=20120409_11_A1_CUTLIN284818&allcom=1

NnubianN

Audio & Video Guru
Registered
...Carl England, Jake England's father, was fatally shot at Comanche Park
Apartments, 3608 N. Quaker Ave., a quarter-mile east of where victim William
Allen was found.

The man arrested following Carl England's death, Pernell Demond Jefferson, was
charged in the case with pointing a firearm and is serving a prison sentence
through October 2014, according to Department of Corrections records.

Carl England was shot and killed in 2010. Pernell Jefferson is going to spend a little over 4 years in prison. Obviously he wasn't convicted of murder since he's getting out in 2014. This to me would indicate that there's more to Carl England's death. Was it a struggle? Did England also have a gun? Was Jefferson's life in any danger?

My point is this: Jake England doesn't give a damn about the reasons that lead up to his father's death. He just wanted to shoot Blacks. Revenge wasn't Jake's motive or he would've waited for Jefferson to get out. The Treyvon Martin incident was a motive, not just the 2 year anniversary. How do I know? Because Jake didn't do anything on April 6th 2011 and Martin's killing has been front page news for weeks leading up to April 6th of this year.

Obviously it's not possible to know EXACTLY what was in Jake's mind when he went hunting for Blacks, but we can infer from his actions that the anniversary of his father's death had come, a Black man did it, he hunted down Blacks in at least 5 separate situations because these niggas got it comin to em, specially that Tree-von Martian cause all these niggas deserve it. That's ignorance in the 1st Degree so based on the flimsiest of evidence and upon my judgment in the Court of Public Opinion I sentence him to life in the prison state of a Closed Mind.

BTW Mr. Jefferson wasn't convicted of murdering the elder England but he's no stranger to the justice system. They are old friends.

http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/s...RTAL30&doc_num=210836&offender_book_id=403532

Here's some backround on the 2010 incident:

Jake England's dad, Carl England, was shot in the chest and killed exactly two years ago Friday (April 6, 2010) during a fight at the Comanche Park Apartments at 3608 N. Quaker Ave, in Tulsa.

Pernell Jefferson, a black man, is currently serving time 6 years for Feloniously Pointing Firearm and was the key suspect in the shooting death of Carl England. Several witnesses had identified Jefferson as the shooter.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/facebook-page-accused-north-tulsa-shooter-paints-c/nMTLN/

Jefferson is up for parole next month.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I guess we won't talk about the post at hand.

I said something that every black, law abiding, citizen needs to do, and yet you are stuck on my political views?

Typical....

I guess we won't talk about the post at hand.

Ha! You're accusing me of diverging from the main topic? Hilarious.

Yes, Black folk need to protect themselves. However, your typical lack of knowledge of history fails to allow you to understand that when Black folks protect themselves legally with arms, the law doesn't protect us with the Second Amendment as it does with whites.

For example, in 1967, your hero Governor Ronald Reagan implemented the Mulford Act
"prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

In fact, the so called, Stand Your Ground Law seems to have more weight in protecting Zimmerman and not Trayvon. Was not Zimmerman the aggressor?

The white American populous is the most heavy armed civilian population in the history of the world. How do you think Black folks will fare against those odds?

Enforcement of laws is the key. Even though you want so much in your heart to identify with the oppressor, your struggle is not their struggle, so their solution is not your solution.

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ha! You're accusing me of diverging from the main topic? Hilarious.

Yes, Black folk need to protect themselves. However, your typical lack of knowledge of history fails to allow you to understand that when Black folks protect themselves legally with arms, the law doesn't protect us with the Second Amendment as it does with whites.

For example, in 1967, your hero Governor Ronald Reagan implemented the Mulford Act
"prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

In fact, the so called, Stand Your Ground Law seems to have more weight in protecting Zimmerman and not Trayvon. Was not Zimmerman the aggressor?

The white American populous is the most heavy armed civilian population in the history of the world. How do you think Black folks will fare against those odds?

Enforcement of laws is the key. Even though you want so much in your heart to identify with the oppressor, your struggle is not their struggle, so their solution is not your solution.

I like how you cherry pick my advice.

Funny how I said "check on your state's gun laws" missed your attention.

So fixed on debating me are you?

Typical...

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Why so many guns?

now please explain how my mind is fucked up.

Please, enlighten me.

There is nothing wrong with being conservative. Most of us might be conservative on one issue or another, depending on how and who is defining the vague term, conservatism.

One important thing, I believe, when one is touting his/her conservatist bravado, is to know who you're keeping company with:

The National Rifle Association (NRA) has systematically manipulated Congress and many State Legislatures into adopting dangerous gun policies, allowing virtually unrestricted and undetectable access to powerful firearms by criminals including gang members, convicted felons and terrorists. These policies combined with the Stand Your Ground (Shoot First and Ask Questions Later) laws enacted in 23 Republican controlled "Red" states result in state sponsored vigilantism, more gun violence, and an increase in unprosecuted homicides. In the process, legislators have tied the hands of law enforcement and rendered prosecutors powerless thereby allowing more criminals and vigilantes to get away with murder. The result: over 30,000 Americans die and more than 100,000 are injured every year from largely preventable gun violence. In fact, over the past 30 years more Americans have died from gun violence, than all U.S. service men and women killed in all foreign wars combined!

The NRA and the gun industry have intentionally created an atmosphere of fear and paranoia designed to sell more guns. A sad result of this fear mongering has been the perpetuation of a cultural war between urban black and suburban white Americans. In 23 states anyone can literally "kill at will" if they simply claim they feel threatened. These NRA inspired racist gun policies overwhelmingly impact urban black Americans and the recent Trayvon Martin and Tulsa, Oklahoma killings are just two of many examples.

<SPAN style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00">A recent Children's Defense Fund report states that in 2008 and 2009 black males 15-19 years old were eight times as likely as white males to be gun homicide victims. Additionally, black children and teens, while only 15 percent of the population, accounted for 45 percent of the 5,740 child and teen gun deaths during the same period. Further, since the 2005 Stand Your Ground law went into effect in Florida there has been a tripling of homicides that could not be prosecuted</span>.

Sound crazy? Yes. Here are the facts about local and national gun policies the NRA and their supporters in Congress and State Legislatures have successfully opposed and supported.

NRA OPPOSED Federal and State laws requiring criminal background checks or proof of identification for all gun sales. Only federally licensed gun dealers are required to perform criminal background checks, and 33 States do not require background checks for private gun sales. For years, domestic criminals and international terrorists such as al Qaeda and Hezbollah have legally bought assault rifles at U.S. gun shows without detection. Thanks to NRA lobbying efforts even people on suspected Terrorist Watch/No Fly lists are allowed to legally purchase firearms.

NRA OPPOSED a federal ban on military style assault weapons and high capacity ammunition clips like the firearm used to shoot Rep. Gabby Giffords and those used at most school shootings. The NRA has even opposed a ban on .50 caliber sniper rifles capable of disabling an armored vehicle, an airplane or a helicopter at distances of over a mile.

NRA OPPOSED National Consumer Product Safety Commission manufacturing and marketing standards for firearms. Toy guns, teddy bears and every other consumer product, except real guns, are regulated by the federal government. Guns are legally marketed as being "capable of penetrating 48 layers of soft body armor," having finishes "resistant to finger prints" and "capable of taking down an aircraft." These lax standards result in manufacturers marketing directly to criminals!

NRA OPPOSED Federal and State gun licensing and registration laws.

NRA OPPOSED national Safe Storage/Child Access Prevention requirements for firearms.

NRA OPPOSED a ban on armor piercing ammunition designed to penetrate the soft body armor worn by police.

NRA OPPOSED funding for personalized gun technology -- even though 17 percent of police officers are killed by criminals with their own service weapon. Additionally, many children's lives could be saved by simple and inexpensive safety devices.

NRA OPPOSED Federal and State permitting requirements for gun purchases including concealed handguns and military-style assault weapons.

NRA OPPOSED strict sentencing requirements for gun traffickers. The federal maximum sentence for illegal gun trafficking of 200 guns in one year is less than five years in jail.

NRA HELPED ENACT restrictions on law enforcement; the FBI must destroy gun purchase records after 24 hours, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is prohibited from regulating gun shows, flea markets and private gun sales. Police agencies are prohibited from sharing critical crime gun trace data -- even with other law enforcement agencies. Until recently, police (not criminals who use guns) could face 10 years in jail if they violated this law.​

Instead of supporting common sense gun laws that require responsibility and accountability on the part of gun owners, dealers, manufacturers and law enforcement, the gun industry uses the NRA as a conduit for special interest political contributions that fund the campaigns of officials willing to provide ever expanding firearm markets to criminals. At the same time, the NRA has vilified law enforcement as enemies of gun rights and restricted their ability to investigate and prosecute criminal activity. Not only has the NRA exposed law enforcement to greater risk by arming criminals with weapons often more powerful than police issued weapons, they have made it impossible to protect the public from gun violence. It's no wonder over 150 Americans are shot and 83 die every day from firearms.

It's Open Season in the NRA's America. Criminals can legally buy guns without detection, vigilantes can kill people "at will" for no reason other than the color of one's skin, their religion or being in "the wrong neighborhood." The NRA's racist gun strategy provides a deadly recipe for more gun violence which disproportionately impacts urban and non-white communities and Congress doesn't care. The NRA and their indentured servants in Congress and State Legislatures are simply more concerned with selling guns and preserving their power than in public safety and social justice.

Source.

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is nothing wrong with being conservative. Most of us might be conservative on one issue or another, depending on how and who is defining the vague term, conservatism.

One important thing, I believe, when one is touting his/her conservatist bravado, is to know who you're keeping company with:

The National Rifle Association (NRA) has systematically manipulated Congress and many State Legislatures into adopting dangerous gun policies, allowing virtually unrestricted and undetectable access to powerful firearms by criminals including gang members, convicted felons and terrorists. These policies combined with the Stand Your Ground (Shoot First and Ask Questions Later) laws enacted in 23 Republican controlled "Red" states result in state sponsored vigilantism, more gun violence, and an increase in unprosecuted homicides. In the process, legislators have tied the hands of law enforcement and rendered prosecutors powerless thereby allowing more criminals and vigilantes to get away with murder. The result: over 30,000 Americans die and more than 100,000 are injured every year from largely preventable gun violence. In fact, over the past 30 years more Americans have died from gun violence, than all U.S. service men and women killed in all foreign wars combined!

The NRA and the gun industry have intentionally created an atmosphere of fear and paranoia designed to sell more guns. A sad result of this fear mongering has been the perpetuation of a cultural war between urban black and suburban white Americans. In 23 states anyone can literally "kill at will" if they simply claim they feel threatened. These NRA inspired racist gun policies overwhelmingly impact urban black Americans and the recent Trayvon Martin and Tulsa, Oklahoma killings are just two of many examples.

<SPAN style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00">A recent Children's Defense Fund report states that in 2008 and 2009 black males 15-19 years old were eight times as likely as white males to be gun homicide victims. Additionally, black children and teens, while only 15 percent of the population, accounted for 45 percent of the 5,740 child and teen gun deaths during the same period. Further, since the 2005 Stand Your Ground law went into effect in Florida there has been a tripling of homicides that could not be prosecuted</span>.

Sound crazy? Yes. Here are the facts about local and national gun policies the NRA and their supporters in Congress and State Legislatures have successfully opposed and supported.

NRA OPPOSED Federal and State laws requiring criminal background checks or proof of identification for all gun sales. Only federally licensed gun dealers are required to perform criminal background checks, and 33 States do not require background checks for private gun sales. For years, domestic criminals and international terrorists such as al Qaeda and Hezbollah have legally bought assault rifles at U.S. gun shows without detection. Thanks to NRA lobbying efforts even people on suspected Terrorist Watch/No Fly lists are allowed to legally purchase firearms.

NRA OPPOSED a federal ban on military style assault weapons and high capacity ammunition clips like the firearm used to shoot Rep. Gabby Giffords and those used at most school shootings. The NRA has even opposed a ban on .50 caliber sniper rifles capable of disabling an armored vehicle, an airplane or a helicopter at distances of over a mile.

NRA OPPOSED National Consumer Product Safety Commission manufacturing and marketing standards for firearms. Toy guns, teddy bears and every other consumer product, except real guns, are regulated by the federal government. Guns are legally marketed as being "capable of penetrating 48 layers of soft body armor," having finishes "resistant to finger prints" and "capable of taking down an aircraft." These lax standards result in manufacturers marketing directly to criminals!

NRA OPPOSED Federal and State gun licensing and registration laws.

NRA OPPOSED national Safe Storage/Child Access Prevention requirements for firearms.

NRA OPPOSED a ban on armor piercing ammunition designed to penetrate the soft body armor worn by police.

NRA OPPOSED funding for personalized gun technology -- even though 17 percent of police officers are killed by criminals with their own service weapon. Additionally, many children's lives could be saved by simple and inexpensive safety devices.

NRA OPPOSED Federal and State permitting requirements for gun purchases including concealed handguns and military-style assault weapons.

NRA OPPOSED strict sentencing requirements for gun traffickers. The federal maximum sentence for illegal gun trafficking of 200 guns in one year is less than five years in jail.

NRA HELPED ENACT restrictions on law enforcement; the FBI must destroy gun purchase records after 24 hours, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is prohibited from regulating gun shows, flea markets and private gun sales. Police agencies are prohibited from sharing critical crime gun trace data -- even with other law enforcement agencies. Until recently, police (not criminals who use guns) could face 10 years in jail if they violated this law.​

Instead of supporting common sense gun laws that require responsibility and accountability on the part of gun owners, dealers, manufacturers and law enforcement, the gun industry uses the NRA as a conduit for special interest political contributions that fund the campaigns of officials willing to provide ever expanding firearm markets to criminals. At the same time, the NRA has vilified law enforcement as enemies of gun rights and restricted their ability to investigate and prosecute criminal activity. Not only has the NRA exposed law enforcement to greater risk by arming criminals with weapons often more powerful than police issued weapons, they have made it impossible to protect the public from gun violence. It's no wonder over 150 Americans are shot and 83 die every day from firearms.

It's Open Season in the NRA's America. Criminals can legally buy guns without detection, vigilantes can kill people "at will" for no reason other than the color of one's skin, their religion or being in "the wrong neighborhood." The NRA's racist gun strategy provides a deadly recipe for more gun violence which disproportionately impacts urban and non-white communities and Congress doesn't care. The NRA and their indentured servants in Congress and State Legislatures are simply more concerned with selling guns and preserving their power than in public safety and social justice.

Source.

I'm just going to talk about the highlighted part.

While this is all true, it does not mean that a law abiding citizen should feel ashamed for owning guns. In fact, if more grown folks would step up to the plate *being positive role models* our situation would be a little bit better. Not to mention, if we ask our politicians to push bills that would stimulate the urban community economic side. Just maybe, there would be more true role models out there for our youth could look up too.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Meanwhile . . .

NRA Exec: Coverage of Trayvon ‘Sensational’

ap_NRA_wayne_lapierre_jt_120414_wblog.jpg

A top National Rifle Association official lashed out today at what he called
the “sensational” coverage of the Trayvon Martin case and called <SPAN style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00">violent
crime [just] a fact of life
</span>, in a speech at the group’s annual meeting in
St. Louis.

“Everyday victims aren’t celebrities. They don’t draw ratings, don’t draw
sponsors. But sensational reporting from Florida does. In the aftermath
of one of Florida’s many daily tragedies, my phone has been ringing off
the hook,” the group’s executive vice president Wayne LaPierre said.

Source

Some, like the NRA, blames the media; others, "just . . . [want to] talk about the highlighted part."

Neither choses to look at the "NRA inspired racist gun policies overwhelmingly impact urban black Americans and the recent Trayvon Martin and Tulsa, Oklahoma killings are just two of many examples."

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

1 of alleged Tulsa killers says he's not
racist, despite hate crime charge

An Oklahoma man said he doesn't hate African-Americans and counts some
of them among his best friends.
Murder and hate crime charges were filed on
Friday accusing him and another man of killing three strangers because they
were black.

England also talked of growing up and living in North Tulsa, which has a large
African-American community, and saying he had friends of all races.

"I always got along with everybody," he said in the tape, recorded Friday
morning. "It didn't matter what color he was."

In addition to commenting on his girlfriend's suicide in January, England lamen-
ted his father's death exactly two years earlier "at the hands of a f--king n----r"
in an April 5 message on his Facebook page.

England said in the jailhouse interview that he used those words "just to express
how I was upset at the guy who shot my Dad" and they do not mean he was a
racist.​

Source

I doubt these guys are racists. Thats why they went into a largely African-American section of Tulsa and gunned down 5 apparent strangers - - all of the them black. :puke:

Not a racist bone in their bodies.

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
. . . and choose not to be enlightened. :(

Enlighten to your so called knowledge.

Meanwhile . . .

NRA Exec: Coverage of Trayvon ‘Sensational’

ap_NRA_wayne_lapierre_jt_120414_wblog.jpg

A top National Rifle Association official lashed out today at what he called
the “sensational” coverage of the Trayvon Martin case and called <SPAN style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00">violent
crime [just] a fact of life
</span>, in a speech at the group’s annual meeting in
St. Louis.

“Everyday victims aren’t celebrities. They don’t draw ratings, don’t draw
sponsors. But sensational reporting from Florida does. In the aftermath
of one of Florida’s many daily tragedies, my phone has been ringing off
the hook,” the group’s executive vice president Wayne LaPierre said.

Source

Some, like the NRA, blames the media; others, "just . . . [want to] talk about the highlighted part."

Neither choses to look at the "NRA inspired racist gun policies overwhelmingly impact urban black Americans and the recent Trayvon Martin and Tulsa, Oklahoma killings are just two of many examples."

1 of alleged Tulsa killers says he's not
racist, despite hate crime charge

An Oklahoma man said he doesn't hate African-Americans and counts some
of them among his best friends.
Murder and hate crime charges were filed on
Friday accusing him and another man of killing three strangers because they
were black.

England also talked of growing up and living in North Tulsa, which has a large
African-American community, and saying he had friends of all races.

"I always got along with everybody," he said in the tape, recorded Friday
morning. "It didn't matter what color he was."

In addition to commenting on his girlfriend's suicide in January, England lamen-
ted his father's death exactly two years earlier "at the hands of a f--king n----r"
in an April 5 message on his Facebook page.

England said in the jailhouse interview that he used those words "just to express
how I was upset at the guy who shot my Dad" and they do not mean he was a
racist.​

Source

I doubt these guys are racists. Thats why they went into a largely African-American section of Tulsa and gunned down 5 apparent strangers - - all of the them black. :puke:

Not a racist bone in their bodies.

With all this being said, I stand by the fact that we, as black men, need to arm ourselves. You can talk about NRA this, and racism that. It all comes to protecting ourselves in our families.

Since when has it became an issue with us arming ourselves? Why the fuck am I being attacked for just speaking truth to the matter?

I get it, since I'm a conservative, even if I say something thats pro-black, and uplifting, it should be challenged, right?

In other words, I could say the sky is blue, and thought would debate me on it, right?

Typical....

nittie

Star
Registered
You could ask when was the last time anyone saw a American Indian or a buffalo they use to be everywhere. When was the last time this country created a manufacturing job, lifted anyone out of poverty, built a new product and don't go by govt talking points but by your own observations. The question becomes what should Black people and the 99% arm ourselves with.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
With all this being said, I stand by the fact that we, as black men, need to arm ourselves. You can talk about NRA this, and racism that. It all comes to protecting ourselves in our families.

Since when has it became an issue with us arming ourselves? Why the fuck am I being attacked for just speaking truth to the matter?

As I've said to you before, I don't have a problem with being armed to protect oneself. BUT, why do you ignore the "talk about NRA this, and racism that" ???

Do you not see any correlation on the one hand between "the talk about NRA this, and racism that" --and why there might be a need to arm oneself, on the other ? ? ?

I get it, since I'm a conservative, even if I say something thats pro-black, and uplifting, it should be challenged, right?

I don't see where you've said anything, "pro-black." Saying "Lets get armed" while embracing the som-bitches (i.e., NRA) that may have responsibility for you needing to be armed doesn't sound pro-black to me; its sounds pro-ignant.

I think its perfectly okay for one to be conservative; BUT WHY do you have to have on blinders at the same time ???

In other words, I could say the sky is blue, and thought would debate me on it, right?

Typical....

No. But for you to assume so is just: TYPICAL.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
You could ask when was the last time anyone saw a American Indian or a buffalo they use to be everywhere. When was the last time this country created a manufacturing job, lifted anyone out of poverty, built a new product and don't go by govt talking points but by your own observations. The question becomes what should Black people and the 99% arm ourselves with.

There are days, LOL; when you are just dead on !

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As I've said to you before, I don't have a problem with being armed to protect oneself. BUT, why do you ignore the "talk about NRA this, and racism that" ???

Do you not see any correlation on the one hand between "the talk about NRA this, and racism that" --and why there might be a need to arm oneself, on the other ? ? ?

I don't see where you've said anything, "pro-black." Saying "Lets get armed" while embracing the som-bitches (i.e., NRA) that may have responsibility for you needing to be armed doesn't sound pro-black to me; its sounds pro-ignant.

I think its perfectly okay for one to be conservative; BUT WHY do you have to have on blinders at the same time ???

No. But for you to assume so is just: TYPICAL.

1. I just don't care what the stance the NRA has on the most part. Maybe I just understand the nature of the beast when it comes to the NRA. The reality of the situation is that there's a great deal of libertarian blood that's in the veins of the NRA. BTW, I don't believe that I've brought up the NRA. Seems like you have a fetish about gun control. That's a very liberal stance you got there.

2. Didn't the ORIGINAL Black Panthers preach arming yourselves, and understanding the gun laws? I guess you know more than Huey huh?

3. There's no assumption about my stance. This should never have gotten a rise out of you, and thought. Who brought up the NRA? Que. Who got upset that someone agreed on what I said? Thought. Who is trying to debate me now? Que, and Thought.

How typical can this situation be? If you have no problem with my stance, why bring up a group I did not mention? It would be different if I yelled "join the NRA". I really don't give a damn about the NRA as much as you do.