CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
But we still have to sign him to a long term deal
I've only watched a couple of preseason highlights on Garoppolo
Hopefully he doesn't turn into Matt Cassell :hmm:
Or a Mike Glennon in Chicago :hmm:
Seems like the 49ers maybe should've drafted Deshawn Watson this year
I need to check the Patriots & 49ers message boards and see what other fans are saying about this move

:puzzled::puzzled::puzzled:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
This is what scares me most. Hoyer got 7 mil guaranteed and we all knew he was trash.

Jimmy hasn’t done shit and comes in with the “great white hype” status. This contract could be scary.

Hoyer's completion percentage is under 60 percent
for his career
but them cats tried to tell ppl that Hoyer was the answer

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
But we still have to sign him to a long term deal
I've only watched a couple of preseason highlights on Garoppolo
Hopefully he doesn't turn into Matt Cassell :hmm:
Or a Mike Glennon in Chicago :hmm:
Seems like the 49ers maybe should've drafted Deshawn Watson this year
I need to check the Patriots & 49ers message boards and see what other fans are saying about this move

:puzzled::puzzled::puzzled:

Not maybe should have
ABSOLUTELY SHOULD HAVE
I was lightweight OK with not having Kap if they drafted a dude who is a slam dunk in Watson
and they passed on him for C.J. noodlearm

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yea man, seems like we could've went a bunch of different ways here
This is probably how things shook out...

1. This off season Shannahan probably thought getting Cousins was in the bag
2. So he didn't want to possibly "reach" for a QB 1st round in this draft (Watson was clearly the most accomplished QB coming out) :hmm:
3. This off season the Patriots turned down the Browns offer to trade Garoppolo for a 2nd round pick
4. Pats wanted to re-sign Jimmy G to quality backup money, but he was like fuck that I'm gone for a starter position
5. Since the Pats finally realized Jimmy was going to walk after this season, they traded him to the 49ers for our 2nd rd pick...which is better than the comp pick they would've gotten
6. Shannahan might have been tipped off that Cousins was going to re-sign in Washington?
7. But question, since Jimmy was going to hit the open market anyway, we could've just waited & tried to outbid other teams...still would've been cheaper than signing Cousins
8. Also another option, since we're going to have a top 5 pick in this draft anyway, we could've just drafted someone like Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield

We won't get a comp pick if Jimmy leaves us, b/c all the other free agents we will sign this offseason offsets any comp picks
So we HAVE TO lock up Garoppolo now..... and he knows this !!!
This move makes way more sense for the Patriots than for us, seems like a big gamble, desparation move by Lynch & Shannahan
But I need to go back & watch more highlights on Garoppolo though

:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

Last edited:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Oh and by the way.....I just saw we put Jimmy ward on I/R, because he broke his arm yesterday
The ninja played what? 6 games this year?
Grand opening, grand closing

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Edit: And Joe Staley will be out, probably a month

Last edited:

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh and by the way.....I just saw we put Jimmy ward on I/R, because he broke his arm yesterday

Saw that coming a mile away. They should've left him at corner.

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor

Edit: And Joe Staley will be out, probably a month

Yeah.. who had Ward being out on the injury pool by week 8? Minus-Whale change his name to Glass.

Looks like Reid might be moving back to Free Safety.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bye-bye Mr. Penalty

Fam, you beat me by a couple minutes
I was just about to post this
Lynch & Shanny ain't fuckin around at all, LOL

Messed up thing was, Rashard Robinson got benched last game, but get this..... he STILL managed to get 2 penalties called on him
Fuckin idiot got called for 2 penalties on SPECIAL TEAMS, for a block in the back

I'm tired of seeing that dumb ninja holding the whole entire play, then look at the refs like "why did you throw the flag?"
Sooooo yea peace out ninja :cool:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah.. who had Ward being out on the injury pool by week 8? Minus-Whale change his name to Glass.

Looks like Reid might be moving back to Free Safety.

Nah Reid can't play free safety
At the beginning of the year when Jimmie Ward was recovering from his hammy, they had Reid at strong safety, & Tartt playing free safety
1. They can do the same thing again, Tartt = FS, then Reid = SS
OR
2. Keep both guys where they are & use that rookie at Free Safety, Adrian Colbert
He was already Jimmie Wards backup, and came in last game, at FS when Ward got injured
Colbert did play pretty good when they subbed him in
Then they can re-sign that other dude, Lorenzo Jerome as the backup FS

:cool::cool::cool:

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
Fam, you beat me by a couple minutes
I was just about to post this
Lynch & Shanny ain't fuckin around at all, LOL

Messed up thing was, Rashard Robinson got benched last game, but get this..... he STILL managed to get 2 penalties called on him
Fuckin idiot got called for 2 penalties on SPECIAL TEAMS, for a block in the back

I'm tired of seeing that dumb ninja holding the whole entire play, then look at the refs like "why did you throw the flag?"
Sooooo yea peace out ninja :cool:

I was watching the game and shaking my head over this fool getting penalties on special teams. Shit don't even make sense.

And his attitude of: get beat off the line, hold the receiver, then look at the refs was bullshit. Learn to jam and cover bruh.

I am not sad to see him go.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I was watching the game and shaking my head over this fool getting penalties on special teams. Shit don't even make sense.

And his attitude of: get beat off the line, hold the receiver, then look at the refs was bullshit. Learn to jam and cover bruh.

I am not sad to see him go.

RayRay Armstrong is another one who is a penalty machine too
That might be part of the reason why they have Reid playing his position & taking his snaps
Armstrong would stay doing dumb shit, getting 15 yard penalties, etc, etc
And he was the one who let Russel Wilson scramble to the edge & pick up all those 1st downs

Coach Salah even said Solomon Thomas was instructed to always crash down & go after the RB, during read option plays
Then RayRay is supposed to "scrape over the top" to prevent the QB from running to the edge & getting the 1st down
Russel Wilson caught us with that a couple times on their last drive of the game, which let them march down for a TD
And Kirk Cousins also caught us with that same read option play in the 4th quarter

:smh::smh::smh:

Oh and yea those O-line players better be on pins & needles...cause they getting cut next
Look at this bullshit right here.....touch football.....

:fuckyousay::fuckyousay::fuckyousay::cmonson::cmonson::cmonson::fuckyousay::fuckyousay::fuckyousay:

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
^^^.. I saw that play... Made me want to cry...

No way Jimmy G gets into a game until at least Brown or Staley returns.. He's gotta have protection on 1 side of the line.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My 49ers Brothers,

I see we got rid of that sorry ass cornerback we have rashard robinson!!...so glad about that!..Also, they released hoyer as well...good!!

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Translation: Our O-line is a complete mess, so let the rookie CJ Beathard get killed instead
Plus, we don't want Garoppolo winning any games for us this year.....we're tanking for that #1 draft pick
(I see what you're doing Shannahan.....and I ain't even mad.....just keep the games competitive, LOL) ;)

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
If he plays, it just to get him game reps. That’s all.

I can honestly see him coming into games later in the season, during the 2nd half (provided that Staley and Brown are back) just so he can get a feel for the offense during live competition.

Might even pull his ass after a series or two.

Get that high pick and look to trade down. We have a lot of needs to fill.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You can make a case for both situations
I'm sure Shannahan wants the #1 or #2 draft pick
So we can trade down a little & get back another 2nd rounder
Some team will be desperate for one of those QB's, or for Saquon Barkley

But yea we do want to see how Jimmy G looks in regular season games, in our new system
I guess it all depends on how the O-line holds up
We definitely are not playing him until Joe Staley gets back
But if you look at our schedule, some of the teams we face have some pretty stout D-lines
Seahawks, Rams, Jaguars, Texans

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
But if you look at our schedule, some of the teams we face have some pretty stout D-lines
Seahawks, Rams, Jaguars, Texans

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

I did look at this. No matter what happens he'll be thrown into the fire.

I think that's why Shanahan said he may not play this season.

However, those are good defense to test the new guy with. If you want to see what he's made of and what he can really do, here's the perfect opportunity.

Last edited:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I just got home, just turned on the game
I saw Eric Reid get a pick, and I see we are down 3-14
Can anyone give me a quick summary
How did Beathard, Trent Brown, Reuben Foster look so far, etc, etc
Who has looked the best and worse so far ???

:confused::confused::confused:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Half the damn team is injured, or already on I/R
If we can't beat the Cards or Giants, we won't win a game this season
Unless Jimmy G comes in, and balls out

:(:(:(

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I just got home, just turned on the game
I saw Eric Reid get a pick, and I see we are down 3-14
Can anyone give me a quick summary
How did Beathard, Trent Brown, Reuben Foster look so far, etc, etc
Who has looked the best and worse so far ???

:confused::confused::confused:

U-fb fumbled 1st possession after defense got a stop
foster been fine.
i mean really the offensive line has been poorus
hyde has been balling
the qb has been hot and cold miss easy throws then make some easy throws
defense hasn't really been bad this week
peterson popped a couple runs so his stats look better than it's actually been
td's on breakdown in coverage 1st one everything covered couldn't sack so he found someone
not a bad game considering.
still gonna hold this L

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Reuben Foster gets injured every damn game
Just put the whole team on I/R and forfeit the rest of the season

Edit: Okay nevermind, Foster is back in the game now