49ers

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Of course he's a stopgap. His deal all but guaranteeshe that. They're making smarter, low risk signings at the moment. This team is at least 2 years away from being competitive. Hell they might not even get "their" QB this year. No sense in rushing it. Now I would love to see Watson in a 9er uniform. And if that's the case, then Hoyer is the perfect placeholder.

My thing is, if you got the keys to a kingdom and 100m to spend don't spend it on dudes you're "familiar" with for the sake of doing that
Get the best players available in free agency and in the draft
and build a team in your image we ain't trying to make the sf redskins or some shit

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
My official stance is wait and see.
But since we have liked to compare every coach to Harbaugh since he was fired let's compare Kyle to Harbaugh
When Harbaugh was handed the keys to the kingdom
he said OK who do we have... cool. we need these free agents but we've got a qb I can construct something around until the qb i draft (kap) is ready.
It wouldn't be hard to do that same thing here.
And all of this is me saying not for kap just not for cousins. cause cousins is going to cost 25m a year and he's going to want a long term deal TO FUCKING STINK
No cousins or any of them.

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My thing is, if you got the keys to a kingdom and 100m to spend don't spend it on dudes you're "familiar" with for the sake of doing that
Get the best players available in free agency and in the draft
and build a team in your image we ain't trying to make the sf redskins or some shit

Winning free agency is what the sorry teams do (Redskins, Jags, Dolphins). They werent handed the keys to a kingdom. This is fuckin Hoarders, and they got a lot of housecleaning to do. Signing big name free agents isnt gonna fix this team. They gotta take the long approach with this, building through the draft and with smart free agent signings.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Winning free agency is what the sorry teams do (Redskins, Jags, Dolphins). They werent handed the keys to a kingdom. This is fuckin Hoarders, and they got a lot of housecleaning to do. Signing big name free agents isnt gonna fix this team. They gotta take the long approach with this, building through the draft and with smart free agent signings.
That's exactly what I am saying.
So bringing in Cousins at 25m a year don't make no sense.
I'm fine if Hoyer is the backup.
I'm still wait and see until we see every move we've made. Part of it will be in part because we HAVE to spend money we have so much cap room.

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm still wait and see until we see every move we've made. Part of it will be in part because we HAVE to spend money we have so much cap room.

Well if i havent already made it clear before, fuck bringing in Kirk Cousins. There's a reason the Skins havent locked him up long term. Let some other team waste their money

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Players we are signing, or about to sign so far:

DT- Earl Mitchell
CB- K'Waunn Williams
WR- DeAndre Carter
QB- Brian Hoyer
WR- Pierre Garcon
WR- Marquise Goodwin
FB- Kyle Juszczyk

Edit: LB- Malcolm Smith (just agreed)
Edit: TE Logan Paulsen (just agreed)

Last edited:

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor

Agreed... Spending just to spend is ridiculous to me. I know we have a lot to spend but spend it right.

I just read we're looking at Ryan Mallet. Mofo couldn't complete a pass to DeAndre Hopkins (one of the top receivers in the league). I understand we have a need but c'mon man.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Agreed... Spending just to spend is ridiculous to me. I know we have a lot to spend but spend it right.

I just read we're looking at Ryan Mallet. Mofo couldn't complete a pass to DeAndre Hopkins (one of the top receivers in the league). I understand we have a need but c'mon man.

If we get guys at the QB position to backup the one we draft I'm good. I don't want no QBs coming in to start from the retreads other than kap
cause if you're saying these guys are good enough to be our franchise guy (like bringing in a cousins would be saying and giving him a longterm deal) then you could have kept kap who is flat out BETTER and has always done more with less and shown the ability to have "it" and lead a team that is worth something to the super bowl and play well in it.

no other qb on the market has proven they can do that. none. those are the facts.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
DT- Earl Mitchell
CB- K'Waunn Williams
WR- DeAndre Carter
QB- Brian Hoyer
WR- Pierre Garcon
WR- Marquise Goodwin
FB- Kyle Juszczyk
LB- Malcolm Smith
TE- Logan Paulsen
K- Robbie Gould
WR- Aldrick Robinson
QB- Matt Barkley
LB- Brock Coyle
S- Don Jones

Players we cut or just did not re-sign so far:
QB- Colin Kaepernick
QB- Blaine Gabbert
QB- Christian Ponder
WR- Torrey Smith
WR- Quinton Patton
G- Marcus Martin
RB- Shaun Draughn
RB- DuJuan Harris
DL- Glen Dorsey
S- Antoine Bethea
CB- Marcus Cromartie
CB- Chris Davis
K- Phil Dawson :(

*** I'm not 100% sure if all of these are correct? ***

Last edited:

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
BGOL Investor
Lookin prettt good so far, shout to Dan Snyder for keeping Cousins sorry ass out of our hands... now we can use our picks and get fucking good!

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I'm guessing they draft another QB in the first 3 rounds

I understand I'm just saying don't sign this cat he's absolute trash and proved he was trash last year when given a chance. At least hoyer played better than cutler Barkley played worse
and the huge ass elephant in the room is you'd sign Hoyer and this clown and not you know who.
It def ain't for football reasons.

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I understand I'm just saying don't sign this cat he's absolute trash and proved he was trash last year when given a chance. At least hoyer played better than cutler Barkley played worse
and the huge ass elephant in the room is you'd sign Hoyer and this clown and not you know who.
It def ain't for football reasons.
Shanahan is stuck on that "pocket passer" stereotype. Kaep is the best option they have, too bad they don't realize it.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Shanahan is stuck on that "pocket passer" stereotype. Kaep is the best option they have, too bad they don't realize it.
And if the coach is stuck on something and not willing to flex into something new then we're in trouble already.
That means he don't care about winning as much as he cares about winning his way.
Harbaugh came in with scrub ass alex smith and said OK we'll work with this and I'll draft my guy. Explain to me why we couldn't have just done the same thing?
And Alex hadn't done SHIT his entire career before Harbaugh

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yo it's crazy that I have not heard ANYTHING about Kap finding a team yet
No interviews, no nothing
That's shit is crazy
Did he get blackballed from the NFL ???

:smh::smh::smh:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
DT- Earl Mitchell
CB- K'Waunn Williams
WR- DeAndre Carter
QB- Brian Hoyer
WR- Pierre Garcon
WR- Marquise Goodwin
FB- Kyle Juszczyk
LB- Malcolm Smith
TE- Logan Paulsen
K- Robbie Gould
WR- Aldrick Robinson
QB- Matt Barkley
LB- Brock Coyle
S- Don Jones

Players we cut or just did not re-sign so far:
QB- Colin Kaepernick
QB- Blaine Gabbert
QB- Christian Ponder
WR- Torrey Smith
WR- Quinton Patton
G- Marcus Martin
RB- Shaun Draughn
RB- DuJuan Harris
DL- Glen Dorsey
S- Antoine Bethea
CB- Marcus Cromartie
CB- Chris Davis
K- Phil Dawson :(

*** I'm not 100% sure if all of these are correct? ***

What the 49ers roster looks like after three days of free agency (67 Players so far)

QB: Brian Hoyer, Matt Barkley
RB: Carlos Hyde, Mike Davis, Raheem Mostert
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
WR: Pierre Garcon, Marquise Goodwin, Jeremy Kerley, Aaron Burbridge, DeAndre Carter, Bruce Ellington, Chris Harper, Eric Rogers, Rasahad Ross, DeAndre Smelter, Aldrick Robinson
TE: Logan Paulsen, Vance McDonald, Garrett Celek, Blake Bell, Je’Ron Hamm
OT: Joe Staley, Trent Brown, Norman Price, John Theus
OG: Zane Beadles, Joshua Garnett
C: Daniel Kilgore, Alex Balducci

DL: Arik Armstead, Ronald Blair, DeForest Buckner, Zach Moore, Quinton Dial, Earl Mitchell, Mike Purcell
LB: Malcolm Smith, Ray-Ray Armstrong, NaVorro Bowman, Carl Bradford, Ahmad Brooks, Tank Carradine, Eli Harold, Aaron Lynch, Wynton McManis, Shayne Skov, Brock Coyle
CB: Jimmie Ward, Tramaine Brock, Rashard Robinson, K’Waun Williams, Keith Reaser, Will Redmond, Dontae Johnson, Prince Charles Iworah, JaCorey Shepherd, Don Jones
S: Eric Reid, Jaquiski Tartt, Marcus Ball, Vinnie Sunseri

K: Robbie Gould, Nick Rose
P: Bradley Pinion, Brock Miller
LS: Kyle Nelson

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
After 14 new additions, here’s what a 49ers depth chart looks like:
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article138017428.html

Offense

WR: Pierre Garçon, Aaron Burbridge, DeAndre Smelter, Eric Rogers
LT: Joe Staley, John Theus
LG: Zane Beadles
C: Daniel Kilgore, Alex Balducci
RG: Joshua Garnett
RT: Trent Brown, Norman Price
TE: Logan Paulsen, Garrett Celek
TE: Vance McDonald, Je'Ron Hamm
WR: Marquise Goodwin, Aldrick Robinson, DeAndre Carter, Chris Harper
SWR: Jeremy Kerley, Bruce Ellington, Rashad Ross
QB: Bryan Hoyer, Matt Barkley
FB/HB: Kyle Juszczyk, Blake Bell
RB: Carlos Hyde, Mike Davis, Raheem Mostert

Defense

LDE: Arik Armstead, Ronald Blair, Zach Moore
LDT: DeForest Buckner, Quinton Dial
RDT/NT: Earl Mitchell, Mike Purcell
RDE: Aaron Lynch, Tank Carradine
SLB: Ahmad Brooks, Eli Harold
MLB: NaVorro Bowman, Brock Coyle, Carl Bradford, Shayne Skov
WLB: Malcolm Smith, Ray-Ray Armstrong, Wynton McManis
LCB: Tramaine Brock, Keith Reaser, Prince Charles Iworah
RCB: Rashard Robinson, Dontae Johnson
NCB: Will Redmond, K'Waun Williams, JaCorey Shepherd
SS: Eric Reid, Jaquiski Tartt, Marcus Ball, Vinnie Sunseri
FS: Jimmie Ward, Don Jones

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article138017428.html#storylink=cpy