49ers

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
BGOL Investor
Honestly I hope Colin lands somewhere ASAP in free agency, gets a good deal and a chance to compete for a starting job, so LBO can let him be and we can talk about only the 49ers in here.

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
BGOL Investor
They keep talking this Cousins shit... WE DONT FUCKING NEED COUSINS.... I swear if they fuck off these 10 picks in this deep ass draft I'll drive out to the bay and kill York/Lynch/Shanahan personally :mad:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
They keep talking this Cousins shit... WE DONT FUCKING NEED COUSINS.... I swear if they fuck off these 10 picks in this deep ass draft I'll drive out to the bay and kill York/Lynch/Shanahan personally :mad:

No no no no lol
nooo
lol
Get cousins here
lmfao

That's been my entire point the entire damn time. You focusing on me talking about Kap I'm talking about Kap because if they need a qb cause they ain't drafting one i for motherfucking sure don't want it to be the names that are out there

cousins
glennon
cutler
simien
really?

and we gotta get a qb we have none under contract

I want to draft one.
but if we have to have a bridge one until the rookie is ready
who would you want that bridge qb to be?
someone you know ain't shit making 15m a year or?

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member

giphy-2.gif

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
BGOL Investor
No no no no lol
nooo
lol
Get cousins here
lmfao

That's been my entire point the entire damn time. You focusing on me talking about Kap I'm talking about Kap because if they need a qb cause they ain't drafting one i for motherfucking sure don't want it to be the names that are out there

cousins
glennon
cutler
simien
really?

and we gotta get a qb we have none under contract

I want to draft one.
but if we have to have a bridge one until the rookie is ready
who would you want that bridge qb to be?
someone you know ain't shit making 15m a year or?
Yea I'd rather Kaep than any of those niggas

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
BGOL Investor
Yo fam, I just read in an article that the 49ers now have, 100 million dollars in cap space !!!

:eek2::eek2::eek2:
Yea all the players we released... But I'm also hearing th Cousins deal is 90% a go, I just hope we didn't bleed ourselves too much gettin this nigga Cousins... Now onto other business

r960-d47b7463343e62de7e77893f966aca8e.jpg

STEAL OF THE DRAFT... WILL LYNCH HAVE THE COJONES???

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yea all the players we released... But I'm also hearing th Cousins deal is 90% a go, I just hope we didn't bleed ourselves too much gettin this nigga Cousins... Now onto other business

r960-d47b7463343e62de7e77893f966aca8e.jpg

STEAL OF THE DRAFT... WILL LYNCH HAVE THE COJONES???

Our starting QB options:
1. Colin Kaepernick
2. Tony Romo
3. Kirk Cousins
4. Jimmy Garoppolo
5. Mike Glennon

Our backup QB options:
1. Matt Schaub
2. Bryan Hoyer
3. Blaine Gabbert
4. Christian Ponder

Our rookie QB options:
1. Draft a QB in round #2 ?
2. Draft a QB somewhere in rounds #3-6 ?

** Kyle Shannahan's offense is very complicated, so a rookie can NOT come in & run it year #1. You have to have an experienced player. Preferably one who already is somewhat familiar with his offense. Schaub, Hoyer, Cousins are all already somewhat familiar with Shanny. Sooooo pick which combination of that list you want? **

:cool::cool::cool:

For all those against Kirk Cousins..... I'll quote my previous post, from a couple days ago
To be honest, there is no one else to run Shannahans complex offense
Even Matt Ryan in Atlanta said it took him a while to finally get it, dude struggled until half way in the 1st year
Sooooo if it took that long for Matt Ryan, its going to take at least a year or two for any rookie we draft !!!

The only options we have are:
1. Sign a veteran QB long term like Romo, Cousins, Garoppolo, Glennon, etc
OR
2. Sign a bridge QB for a year or two, while our rookie 1st rounder or 2nd rounder gets ready

It is what it is
Just hopefully, we don't give up a bunch of draft picks for him too
But I guess we will see soon enough

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
BGOL Investor
For all those against Kirk Cousins..... I'll quote my previous post, from a couple days ago
Even Matt Ryan in Atlanta said it took him a while to finally get it, dude struggled until half way in the 1st year
Sooooo if it took that long for Matt Ryan, its going to take at least a year or two for any rookie we draft !!!

OR
2. Sign a bridge QB for a year or two, while our rookie 1st rounder or 2nd rounder gets ready

It is what it is
Can't argue with that.... I had Dreams of Marshon Lattimore, Jabrill Peppers, Malik Hooker...

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

OR

It is what it is

All that's fine but this team is garbage right now. He's not gonna have the Redskins supporting staff. And by the time you get a decent team around him Cousins will be 30+

And as for his system, good coaches adjust their system to the players they have. If Kyle can't taper down his offense and make adjustments for a QB with a steeper learning curve, then he won't be shit as a coach.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
All that's fine but this team is garbage right now. He's not gonna have the Redskins supporting staff. And by the time you get a decent team around him Cousins will be 30+

And as for his system, good coaches adjust their system to the players they have. If Kyle can't taper down his offense and make adjustments for a QB with a steeper learning curve, then he won't be shit as a coach.

I get what you're saying
But how about this plan

1. Swap 1st rounders with the Redskins
(they get our #2, we get their #17)
2. Sign Kirk Cousins to a long term deal
3. Sign Pierre Garcon to a similar length deal
4a. Draft WR Corey Davis
OR
4b. Draft TE O.J. Howard
OR
4c. Draft WR Mike Williams

:idea::idea::idea:

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There shouldn't be a rush to get Cousins. There's a good chance he's unrestricted next year and they can just sign him outright. We need to get a couple lottery tickets at the QB position and just see what happens. I think Cousins is too limited to do any kind of real winning with.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

OR

It is what it is

Nah Kirk they built that offense around him in Washington he had a trillion weapons deep threats wide receivers multiple backs and tight ends dude. That Washington offense was absolutely loaded the past 2 years and Gruden groomed the offense to fit cousins and HE STILL couldn't win a single playoff game
It's HIM. He's prone to throw interceptions in the red zone he's prone to find a way to lose the game he's got so much tony romo in him it ain't funny
think for a minute. if he was actually a franchise guy in this qb market and climate why in the world would the people who see him everyday NOT give him a real deal instead of keeping tagging him?
If we get him it better be next year when he's a free agent. don't waste or swap any picks or compensation for kirk cousins an average ass qb
not when we trying to rebuild
he ain't gonna help us rebuild and he ain't the future
if he was a future franchise qb the redskins wouldn't be willing to let him go
The patriots got Tom Brady and don't want to let Gorapolo go
but we gonna go after an actual starter the team won't even commit to past 1 season?
It makes no sense. Fuck all that
Shanahan gonna be here for 6 years at least he's got time to teach someone the offense.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I get what you're saying
But how about this plan

1. Swap 1st rounders with the Redskins
(they get our #2, we get their #17)
2. Sign Kirk Cousins to a long term deal
3. Sign Pierre Garcon to a similar length deal
4a. Draft WR Corey Davis
OR
4b. Draft TE O.J. Howard
OR
4c. Draft WR Mike Williams

:idea::idea::idea:

Then we're going to suck for 6 years because we have Kirk Cousins who is not a big game qb
why would we sign a dude to a long term deal who can't get one from the team he currently plays for
why would be swap to #17 in the draft when we have #3 and can simply draft our future?
and what about the defense? we gonna do what washington did? which is load the offense up to give him help to make him look good and then the defense just has to make dude with parts?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Like why are the redskins wide receivers running away from cousins if he's worth a damn?
Think about that
Garcon wanted to go immediately
Jackson gonna be gone
cause all he can throw to is the slot and to the tight end.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
We are not in win now mode.
Draft a franchise quarterback and pair him with a franchise wr along with free agent good ones and build the damn team up.
If you gonna clean house build through the draft and key free agents. ones that make sense.
I'm all for a rookie qb starting if we gonna go all the way and build it the right way plus rookies are good too if you pick the right ones.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hoyer mayne.. Seriously

Edit: Think we should trade down, draft Watson and let him develop for a season or so

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Hoyer mayne.. Seriously

That's actually a good signing
He's the perfect bridge QB for us
He worked with Shannahan before, so hes already familiar with the system
A 1 or 2 year deal would be good

This gives us flexibility to sit our future rookie QB, for a year or two
OR gives us flexibility to wait a year for Kirk Cousins, & sign him without giving up draft picks, then keep Hoyer as a backup

It was going to be either Hoyer or Schaub, for our bridge/backup QB.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's actually a good signing
He's the perfect bridge QB for us
He worked with Shannahan before, so hes already familiar with the system
A 1 or 2 year deal would be good

This gives us flexibility to sit our future rookie QB, for a year or two
OR gives us flexibility to wait a year for Kirk Cousins, & sign him without giving up draft picks, then keep Hoyer as a backup

It was going to be either Hoyer or Schaub, for our bridge/backup QB.

Agreed. Think we should get Watson this draft and sit him for a few seasons

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
If it means no Cousins then it's a great signing.

I'm ok with it though.

we've been settling with the lesser of 2 evils for like 3 years now. if we expecting change i want full change. hoyer ain't shit. he's a backup and it makes no sense to get him other than to be the immediate backup on the team
now if the plan is to have him mentor the young guy then im fine with that he should not get on the field outside of injury.

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
we've been settling with the lesser of 2 evils for like 3 years now. if we expecting change i want full change. hoyer ain't shit. he's a backup and it makes no sense to get him other than to be the immediate backup on the team
now if the plan is to have him mentor the young guy then im fine with that he should not get on the field outside of injury.
Of course he's a stopgap. His deal all but guaranteeshe that. They're making smarter, low risk signings at the moment. This team is at least 2 years away from being competitive. Hell they might not even get "their" QB this year. No sense in rushing it. Now I would love to see Watson in a 9er uniform. And if that's the case, then Hoyer is the perfect placeholder.

Last edited:

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
I said I wasn't coming back until we had a QB.

Then I remembered we had Blake Bell. :D

Brian Hoyer... I understand he's a band-aide. I just hope Lynch gave him band-aide money. No need to over pay a backup. I don't care how much we have on the books.

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I said I wasn't coming back until we had a QB.

Then I remembered we had Blake Bell. :D

Brian Hoyer... I understand he's a band-aide. I just hope Lynch gave him band-aide money. No need to over pay a backup. I don't care how much we have on the books.
6 mil/year I think is what was reported.