23-year-old Korryn Gaines was murdered by Baltimore County police, PIGS DELETED HER SOCIAL MEDIA ...

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
I cosign both. Still, I believed that the police unnecessarily reacted hastily. There was no need. And while it seems too many that she brought it on herself oh, it's my belief that if the police did not rush into it she could have made it out alive.

But, when there is a black person involved the police are going to do their best to get a shot off it seems. Though I cannot recall a person getting shot buy Belize while holding a kid and the kid got shot too. They don't have fucking sniper or Sharp Shooters?

All due respect big guy, it's easy for all of us to say what police should have done on the outside looking it. You brandish a gun at a cop, you are black, you are more than likely to get shot...

As I've said before, police show up at my door, with a warrant, I look and see my son chilling playing on the floor, and I have my lady here (another adult), I'm going to lay on the floor, put my hands behind my back, and be taken out to the police car. I'll fight this battle on a different battlefield. May still end up shot, but I'm NOT going to act aggressive and belligerent with my Son in harms way because I'm pissed at the system. Got to be smarter than that.

I also believe she had martyrdom on her brain, and wanted to go out like this. Mental illness and all... If a severely mentally disabled person is pointing a gun at me, and I have a gun, I'm going to shoot that motherfucker first! Bullets still kill no matter the mental state of the person pulling the trigger and my life is more important to me than my compassion for their issues...

We alk know we live in a system of racism/white supremacy. We all are aware of what they can and can't do to us even with cameras rolling. Understanding this we are supposed to be smarter and adapting in order to not only survive and raise our kids but to survive so we can find a way to dismantle it.

Survival was the least of her intentions. Considering the charges against her she should be here today.

This is why it is so important for us as a people to follow just laws. Only fight the laws when they are unjust and oppressive. If we die while fighting just laws it places a cloud over our deaths while fighting unjust laws.

This means we have to be extra careful. We can't go around trying to compare our abuse to what white people go through. The laws are different for us regardless if we like it or not. Even under a black president. Even in a city like Baltimore where the entire leadership is black or has a black face.

The best way to minimize our deaths at the hands of this system is to stay out of the system. Although we can't guarantee that we don't get caught up in the meat grinder we don't have to run in head first. Doing things like riding dirty unnecessarily. Riding without tags and license and insurance. The majority of police encounters in my city stem from traffic stops. Police find bad registration, no plates, no insurance and then tow your car and or arrest you. The majority of active warrants in my city are from traffic related incidents. Do you know how many brothers have been caught with drugs and guns behind having no registration (valid tags), suspended license or no insurance? It's a shit load.

The point is, the only fish that gets caught is the one who opens its mouth. We can't stop them from doing shit like what they did to Sandra Bland and the rest but shit like riding without plates, not showing up to court and having standoffs because you missed a court date is begging to be put into the system. That shit ain't gangster. That's flat out stupid.

No disrespect to the dead sister but we got children still alive that need to hear this.

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
I got nephews that stay doing dirt to survive. I constantly tell them to make sure they got valid licenses, registration and insurance and never ride while smoking weed or drinking. You would be surprised at how you can do your dirt and stay below radar by doing those simple things.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
First let me say God bless the dead.

Trying to compare her to the panther party and Malcolm is a slap in the face. Both groups believed in following just laws and standing up against unjust laws.

This sister felt she didn't have to follow the law of registering your vehicle in order to drive on public roads. She also felt she did not have to allow her vehicle to be towed. She also did not show up to court. When the warrants were served she refused to go answer and defend herself in court.

Please stop with the Malcolm memes and panther memes. It's disrespectful.

Yeah, I've heard all the comparisons from people who should definitely know better. It's like the need for likes and reposts on social media have driven people out their cotdamn minds. I'm reading Twitter, Facebook, and looking at videos like :smh:

First, the person I quoted has a history of stating grimey things about black people, so I was interested hearing in his response.

I've seen the lead poisoning/mental illness aspect since day one. The police had a history of dealing with her, and knew she wasn't all the way there.

Her family has said that they were treated with hostility and not allowed to try to talk her down. I haven't seen the neighbor's account.

I understand the need to have public opinion on your side. I've argued this elsewhere when it comes to black people having to deal with mostly white juries, prosecutors and judges. The black community cannot fight all aspects of what we are dealing with on our own. White allies are needed. The problem I have is the problem I have with since Mike Brown and before: people, including many black people, want a perfect victim. We are so worried about someone finding out something unsavory in their past or being seen as only standing up for someone simply because they are black, that we don't protect our own. We have let a white mindset and fear of white judgement divide us before we even get started. We are the only ones having to vet our victims to see if they are worthy of justice. When it comes to black women who are victims it is even worse. I will push back on this every time.

Neighbor's account doesn't fit the narrative, so people been ignoring it.

We don't want perfect victims. How about victims who weren't doing dumb shit? There is enough police misconduct and brutality that we can vet cases better. Wouldn't you agree? Sure, the pigs are the professionals and should be trained to deal with people doing dumb shit, but that fact is usually missed by the masses. We have to understand that and adjust accordingly. Government knows how to use propaganda to get people to do things, and we should use the same tactics.

We are at a serious point in time. This thing can go either fucking way. Doubling down on folks doing dumb shit isn't helping. Blocking roads, stores, and airports isn't going to get shit accomplished but pissing people off who might have been open to giving a fuck. Government sitting back watching that shit like :yes: "keep it up!!"

Police are pulling back and murder rates and shootings go up. Blue lives matters bills have been passed and more are on the table. It's sad when a life is lost. It really is. No matter what that person was doing, they were loved by someone. But we have to think bigger fucking picture for once or we lose this.

How do we sway the masses to our side? We need laws passed on the state level. That's never going to happen with the approach we are taking now. Seriously. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear some of these people were undercover operatives working for the government. It's like Shaun King was created in a CIA lab somewhere. :smh:

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
First let me say God bless the dead.

Trying to compare her to the panther party and Malcolm is a slap in the face. Both groups believed in following just laws and standing up against unjust laws.

This sister felt she didn't have to follow the law of registering your vehicle in order to drive on public roads. She also felt she did not have to allow her vehicle to be towed. She also did not show up to court. When the warrants were served she refused to go answer and defend herself in court.

Please stop with the Malcolm memes and panther memes. It's disrespectful.

Excellent point and well said.

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I got nephews that stay doing dirt to survive. I constantly tell them to make sure they got valid licenses, registration and insurance and never ride while smoking weed or drinking. You would be surprised at how you can do your dirt and stay below radar by doing those simple things.
The internet disagrees with you. Let the twitter crowd tell it you can do whatever you wish with zero consequences.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
In her mind, she probably meant well. Ain't that some shit? How many of us are guilty of meaning well and it goes completely wrong? I know Korryn's situtation is a bit extreme, but I do believe that she meant well. It just went horribly wrong.
It didn't help that people online were encouragingoing not to give up and to fight on.

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Court records show she was diagnosed with lead poisoning, which can cause brain damage and lead to developmental delays.

If Gaines was acting out due to lead paint poisoning, doesn't that mean the system failed her at least twice? Clearly this is an intersectional issue: the failures of elected officials to protect impoverished children from lead-based paint and police being called to resolve issues with impacted people absent of proper training and consideration of their impairments.

True.

But when youre Black, you, and you only, are supposed to be held accountable for all your shortcomings. No matter what. Aint that the way it usually goes?

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
True.

But when youre Black, you, and you only, are supposed to be held accountable for all your shortcomings. No matter what. Aint that the way it usually goes?
Negative.

You do have a level of responsibility that can MINIMIZE being put in situations where you have no say so over life and death situations.

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
You do have a level of responsibility that can MINIMIZE being put in situations where you have no say so over life and death situations.

All that is understood, but obviously she needed help prior to her losing her life, yet she had no one to help her take the right course of actions. The help she did get was veiwers urging her to create some scene out of a movie.

It's like Shaun King was created in a CIA lab somewhere. :smh:

Him and all the other popular BLM folks.

They hang around celebs more than the do the folks who actually need help; the folks on the grassroots.

Last edited:

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
All that is understood, but obviously she needed help prior to her losing her life, yet she had no one to help her take the right course of actions. The help she did get was veiwers urging her to create some scene out of a movie.

Him and all the other popular BLM folks.

They hang around celebs more than the do the folks who actually need help; the folks on the grassroots.

I already addressed that. Her entire circle failed her. From her parents, to the 30 plus year old that she had a baby with at 17, to the friends she associated with on and offline, to the 40 plus year old she had another baby with.

PhilipGraves

Rising Star
Platinum Member
First, the person I quoted has a history of stating grimey things about black people, so I was interested hearing in his response.

I've seen the lead poisoning/mental illness aspect since day one. The police had a history of dealing with her, and knew she wasn't all the way there.

Her family has said that they were treated with hostility and not allowed to try to talk her down. I haven't seen the neighbor's account.

I understand the need to have public opinion on your side. I've argued this elsewhere when it comes to black people having to deal with mostly white juries, prosecutors and judges. The black community cannot fight all aspects of what we are dealing with on our own. White allies are needed. The problem I have is the problem I have with since Mike Brown and before: people, including many black people, want a perfect victim. We are so worried about someone finding out something unsavory in their past or being seen as only standing up for someone simply because they are black, that we don't protect our own. We have let a white mindset and fear of white judgement divide us before we even get started. We are the only ones having to vet our victims to see if they are worthy of justice. When it comes to black women who are victims it is even worse. I will push back on this every time.

@Camille
Considering what you wrote, what do you think about this piece written by Marissa Johnson? She's one of the BLM activists who confronted Bernie Sanders a while back...
http://www.theestablishment.co/2016/07/08/rape-alton-sterling-and-the-complexity-of-justice/

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
For now,
I'll leave it up to you to figure it out.

I've already come to my own conclusion, I just wanted to see you actually say the words.

Do you know who you sound like? The so called "white allies" that are so eager to help black people stand against oppression and police brutality, but the moment their feelings are hurt or a black person refuses to coddle them or allow them to be centered, they withdraw their support, take their ball and go home. They were never true allies to begin with. Their support was never secure and they took the first exit they could, making sure to let everyone know it's not their fault they can't support the cause, it's the victims, in your case black women, who could not see, respect, and show proper appreciation for their taking the time to be a decent human being lend support to their cause. The comments in this thread alone, not to mention this one proves that the what is being described in the stories you linked to is actually taking place, but you turn a blind eye to this and say black men are being generalized and blamed. Now in every discussion around here that generalizes how awful black women are, the women of this board are told not to take ownership of behavior that they are not participating in. We are told repeatedly, that if it doesn't apply personally to us and what we are doing, we should ignore it as the criticism is not meant for us. If we respond it's "hit dog holla". So my question to you is, why are you taking ownership of/feeling maligned and angry over these generalizations if you aren't participating in said behavior?

For the record, I understand being angry over being generalized. No matter how far removed you are from a behavior seeing what you are (black women, black men) generalized as something negative still affects you because it's calling out your identity, if not your own personal behavior. It's just interesting to me how some men can only see that when it is their identity being attacked, and not when they are attacking the identity of others. BTW the same generalizing you are upset over, you also committed when you said "Its the sudden rash of columns all over the internet written by Black Women blaming Black Men for this. I'm not going to even post all the stupid shit I've been reading for the last dew days on various Black FB pages and websites. But this is turning into another case of women who refuse to take any responsibility for their behavior and the men they chose." Not all women are saying this and as the links you've posted have proven not ONLY women are saying this, yet you use this to generalize and jump way off to a conclusion that women are not taking responsibility for the behavior and the men they choose. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

water

Transparent, tasteless, odorless
OG Investor
Just watched a disturbing video of her trying to get some documentation from the precinct

They had it out for her

The supervisor refused to speak to her

They were the predator

She was the prey

:smh::smh::smh:

Wouldn't be surprised if they harvest her cell like Henrietta Lacks to get that immortal gene.

For those of you who don't know:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrietta_Lacks

They extracted an immortal gene from her and named it HeLa

Sleep if you want to

:cool:

Reactions: LSN

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Just watched a disturbing video of her trying to get some documentation from the precinct

They had it out for her

They were the predator

She was the prey

Wouldn't be surprised if they harvest her cell like Henrietta Lacks to get that immortal gene.

Sleep if you want to

This one

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm pretty sure whenever there is a hostage situation with anyone, including family members, with any unstable person with a firearm, SWAT will be called every time
Was CPS coming for the child?
Was she holding the gun to her child's head?
Was she asking for ransom?
This is what I mean...
SWAT comes in TO KILL!
Once they found out a kid was in there,
why didn't they call the NEGOTIATORS?
That's all, or call a family member, something!
You know what that means when SWAT comes in...
flash bangs, smoke grenades, tear gas, etc... SMH​

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Yeah, I've heard all the comparisons from people who should definitely know better. It's like the need for likes and reposts on social media have driven people out their cotdamn minds. I'm reading Twitter, Facebook, and looking at videos like :smh:

Neighbor's account doesn't fit the narrative, so people been ignoring it.

We don't want perfect victims. How about victims who weren't doing dumb shit? There is enough police misconduct and brutality that we can vet cases better. Wouldn't you agree? Sure, the pigs are the professionals and should be trained to deal with people doing dumb shit, but that fact is usually missed by the masses. We have to understand that and adjust accordingly. Government knows how to use propaganda to get people to do things, and we should use the same tactics.

We are at a serious point in time. This thing can go either fucking way. Doubling down on folks doing dumb shit isn't helping. Blocking roads, stores, and airports isn't going to get shit accomplished but pissing people off who might have been open to giving a fuck. Government sitting back watching that shit like :yes: "keep it up!!"

Police are pulling back and murder rates and shootings go up. Blue lives matters bills have been passed and more are on the table. It's sad when a life is lost. It really is. No matter what that person was doing, they were loved by someone. But we have to think bigger fucking picture for once or we lose this.

How do we sway the masses to our side? We need laws passed on the state level. That's never going to happen with the approach we are taking now. Seriously. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear some of these people were undercover operatives working for the government. It's like Shaun King was created in a CIA lab somewhere. :smh:

Someone merged the threads. I thought the second one was deleted at first. I think they are separate in their direction, and so this is probably going to confuse the hell out of some people.

I see and understand your point, and on the surface what you are proposing does not sound unreasonable. The problem I have, is that this sets us up to go down the slippery slope of classism and who deserves justice or not. Right now white lives are all that matter. Some black lives might matter, but they need to prove it first. What I am hearing is that we only champion black folks who aren't doing "dumb shit". I don't condone the "dumb shit". If someone steals a car, or robs a bank, they deserve jail time or punishment. However if my black kid is doing dumb shit and steals a car at 18, I want him to make it to jail alive just like the white kid that did the same dumb shit. If my black kid is stupid enough to run from the police, I don't want him shot in the back, I want him taken alive like they would the white kid, whose life they value. You have people, black people even, who will automatically dismiss the grievances of other blacks because they are poor, "ghetto", speak poor english, or aren't polished in their appearance and mannerisms. So you seem to be proposing that black people who have already been failed once by life and circumstances get failed a second time, by being denied justice. They are they ones who need a voice and justice most of all. Black people are seen as inherently criminal and irredeemable. White people go through "phases" where they act out, but with proper guidance and maturity will grow out of it. You cant' change that mindset, but you can push to cause police to have repercussions for executing us on the spot.

Korryn's situation has other aspects that need to be blown up.

Environmental racism and mental illness. I don't recall if I posted it in this thread or the protest thread but 99% of the people affected by lead poisoning are black folks. The 65,000 figure? That was Baltimore alone. Flint still has poisoned water and the teachers have said they can already see the effects. So we are being poisoned, and then rounded up for prison sentences (making money for white people by being incarcerated) or used as hunting practice. We are also setting the precedent for when they start to do this to white folks en masse (brutality, prison complex). It's already happening, just on a much smaller scale.

Also social media. I'm aware that social media sites can close accounts at any time for any reason. There need to be transparency around when and how they do this. Facebook has a option where if you die, you can pass the administration of your page on to someone else. There needs to be language around this where they don't delete content, that it is only removed from view. This is a perfect business opportunity for black folks in tech to capitalize on. Letting people record and upload to a cloud where they save the videos, even if they are not broadcast. I thought the ACLU came up with something after Ferguson, but I'll have to double check. As long as that facebook feed was going, Korryn was alive. As soon as it got cut, within an hour she was dead. In Chicago the cops were being heard to turn off the camera. We need a way to upload video that can't be erased or removed, and can be shared with the press in the event that we die during a police encounter or if we don't opt to do other wise after a certain amount of time.

Police tactics. They need to be trained in deescalation and if the cops are not going to do it, force them to budget to hire several professionals who are trained to be on call for this.

As far as Shaun King, I have a love hate relationship with him. He is good for bringing to the forefront people who have been killed by police, and even has good insight and sleuthing skills. He goes wayyyy overboard though, his conspiracy theories and hyperbole I can only take in small doses.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

They had it out for her

They were the predator

She was the prey

Sleep if you want to

Stop that shit... Just cut it. That nut was asking for a fucking court order. Pig asked her about her property. She said she had her physical property, but didn't have a court order. :eek:

Unfortunately, I've been in custody before. This nut was on some bullshit. You know exactly when you supposed to be there. They'd have told her that from the top. She didn't want the date. She wanted 'property.' Just wow.

Can we move on to the next case....

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Dude a LOT of brothers are more interested in pussy than getting shit in order. Could have been one of those instances where she was fire, and he let shit go early and it got out of hand.
Thats why, even though he did the right thing getting his youngin out of there, he just said fuck it! I know a lot of weak Dudes with aggressive chicks and they are literally cowards when it comes to them.

She clearly was the dominant person in this relationship fam...
If dealt with quite a few attractive women with mental problems, and one thing I notice is they are usually the last ones to get help from men..
This is usually due to what you said, men trying to use it as a way to slide into that pussy, and also people thinking its cute and not that serious due to the chick looking cute..
What makes matter ever worse is that even if you are trying to help these women, there will be at least ten other guys trying to sabotage any help you give them..
I am not saying that its a total waste of time trying to help them, but I will say that helping them for the sake of getting their pussy is one of the worst things you can do and a complete waste of time...
I don't know about this situation witht he chick and her man, but I know that she fits the bill of many black men ideal strong black woman, one who is for the cause, not afraid to fight and was also cute as hell... So chances are he was overlooking her craziness and seeing what he wanted to see, that is until it was way too late and her craziness came out and confronted him face to face..

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Someone merged the threads. I thought the second one was deleted at first. I think they are separate in their direction, and so this is probably going to confuse the hell out of some people.

I see and understand your point, and on the surface what you are proposing does not sound unreasonable. The problem I have, is that this sets us up to go down the slippery slope of classism and who deserves justice or not. Right now white lives are all that matter. Some black lives might matter, but they need to prove it first. What I am hearing is that we only champion black folks who aren't doing "dumb shit". I don't condone the "dumb shit". If someone steals a car, or robs a bank, they deserve jail time or punishment. However if my black kid is doing dumb shit and steals a car at 18, I want him to make it to jail alive just like the white kid that did the same dumb shit. If my black kid is stupid enough to run from the police, I don't want him shot in the back, I want him taken alive like they would the white kid, whose life they value. You have people, black people even, who will automatically dismiss the grievances of other blacks because they are poor, "ghetto", speak poor english, or aren't polished in their appearance and mannerisms. So you seem to be proposing that black people who have already been failed once by life and circumstances get failed a second time, by being denied justice. They are they ones who need a voice and justice most of all. Black people are seen as inherently criminal and irredeemable. White people go through "phases" where they act out, but with proper guidance and maturity will grow out of it. You cant' change that mindset, but you can push to cause police to have repercussions for executing us on the spot.

Environmental racism and mental illness. I don't recall if I posted it in this thread or the protest thread but 99% of the people affected by lead poisoning are black folks. The 65,000 figure? That was Baltimore alone. Flint still has poisoned water and the teachers have said they can already see the effects. So we are being poisoned, and then rounded up for prison sentences (making money for white people by being incarcerated) or used as hunting practice. We are also setting the precedent for when they start to do this to white folks en masse (brutality, prison complex). It's already happening, just on a much smaller scale.

Also social media. I'm aware that social media sites can close accounts at any time for any reason. There need to be transparency around when and how they do this. Facebook has a option where if you die, you can pass the administration of your page on to someone else. There needs to be language around this where they don't delete content, that it is only removed from view. This is a perfect business opportunity for black folks in tech to capitalize on. Letting people record and upload to a cloud where they save the videos, even if they are not broadcast. I thought the ACLU came up with something after Ferguson, but I'll have to double check. As long as that facebook feed was going, Korryn was alive. As soon as it got cut, within an hour she was dead. In Chicago the cops were being heard to turn off the camera. We need a way to upload video that can't be erased or removed, and can be shared with the press in the event that we die during a police encounter or if we don't opt to do other wise after a certain amount of time.

Police tactics. They need to be trained in deescalation and if the cops are not going to do it, force them to budget to hire several professionals who are trained to be on call for this.

As far as Shaun King, I have a love hate relationship with him. He is good for bringing to the forefront people who have been killed by police, and even has good insight and sleuthing skills. He goes wayyyy overboard though, his conspiracy theories and hyperbole I can only take in small doses.
Yeah man... Mods stay on that bullshit! We can have 17 different threads on Meek Mill that they wont touch but some relevent shit like this all of a sudden shit needs to be merged.... FOH!

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

I'm not proposing that at all. I'm saying we must use strategy to get them justice. To make sure this shit doesn't continue. If a person is killed for doing dumb shit, it's sad. But in order to make a move we must use the person who was shot when they weren't doing a damn thing wrong. That sways the masses and makes shit safer for all of us.

You see. This movement will only cannibalize itself. Why? Because a lot of murders in the community aren't solved. Same with robberies. People are selfish. So while we have a legit reason to fear for our kids and loved ones being killed by the pigs, a lot more bodies are dropping and parents don't have answers. That's real fucking life. That's why pigs are pulling back. They know the game. More murders. More shootings. More unsolved incidents. More grieving people who feel neglected because they feel their kids have to get dropped by the pigs to matter.

This shit is chess, not checkers.

Yes, we do need our own social media outlet. Shit has to be watched over and moved like we're in the torrent game. Fuck Facebook and the rest.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
@Camille
Considering what you wrote, what do you think about this piece written by Marissa Johnson? She's one of the BLM activists who confronted Bernie Sanders a while back...
http://www.theestablishment.co/2016/07/08/rape-alton-sterling-and-the-complexity-of-justice/

I'm familiar with Marissa and she is somewhat inconsistent. She's effective but I'm in a facebook group with her and we've never had words, but I've read several of her responses. She can be arrogant and dismissive. She crashed Bernie's rally, but is also on record as saying that they shouldn't support a particular presidential candidate and some other stuff which just didn't gel well for me. She can be very perceptive in some things, but overly blinded by her own biases in others. Over all I don't have a problem with her, but she is not someone I trust to be reliable in her stances. She's young though.

The premise of the article is false. I don't consider Alton a rapist. It was consensual sex, and I thought she was older than 14 or he was younger than 20. The law was posted somewhere in the thread about his murder and I thought it has a max 3 year age difference. When I was 14 or 15 a friend of mine took me to meet some guys that were 18/19 years old, so I can recall being in that situation and what my mindset and her mindset was. My father was 11 years older than my mom they were married 52 years. I have an aunt whose husband was 23 years older than her. She also married young and they were married until he died. So while I don't condone grown men preying on young girls, every situation is different, motives and maturity have to be considered.

Had that been the case though, my stance would have been the same. The police who approached him had no knowledge or history of his past in that moment. It did not play a role in his death or whether or not they decided to shoot him. The reason why this seems like a muddy area, is because we are putting the victim on trial and not the officers who murdered them.

As far as women affected by rape, I cannot judge them for sitting that type of situation out. They get triggers everyday. If the stats on rapes are true though, there are many who are rape victims but still stood against the system that killed him.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I'm not proposing that at all. I'm saying we must use strategy to get them justice. To make sure this shit doesn't continue. If a person is killed for doing dumb shit, it's sad. But in order to make a move we must use the person who was shot when they weren't doing a damn thing wrong. That sways the masses and makes shit safer for all of us.

You see. This movement will only cannibalize itself. Why? Because a lot of murders in the community aren't solved. Same with robberies. People are selfish. So while we have a legit reason to fear for our kids and loved ones being killed by the pigs, a lot more bodies are dropping and parents don't have answers. That's real fucking life. That's why pigs are pulling back. They know the game. More murders. More shootings. More unsolved incidents. More grieving people who feel neglected because they feel their kids have to get dropped by the pigs to matter.

This shit is chess, not checkers.

Yes, we do need our own social media outlet. Shit has to be watched over and moved like we're in the torrent game. Fuck Facebook and the rest.

That doesn't make sense though. The purpose of the police is to maintain law and order (protect and serve) and pursue people who are committing crimes. What we want to make sure is that black people are treated fairly and with dignity, and given the same treatment, benefit of the doubt, and opportunity to surrender as white suspects are currently given. When Castile was stopped, they thought it was for a broken tail light, but the officer had already decided he was a dangerous, guilty bank robber. They were not exceedingly cautious with the officer because they were not guilty of anything. He did what he did countless other times, inform the officer of his gun, and the cop freaked out and shot him, because he already had convicted him when he stopped him. We always fit the description. John Crawford and Tamir Rice, even if they HAD been criminals, should have been given the opportunity to surrender and not shot within seconds of coming into sight. They problem is not the victims, perfect or not, it is the system, officer conduct without repercussions, and white supremacy. White people are not presumed guilty, we shouldn't be either. Although we have many instances where black people were not guilty of anything and killed, their only interaction with us is not via traffic stops. When they are pursing actual criminals, they should not be judge, jury, and executioner.

Whether or not your intent is to classify victim status and pick and choose who gets justice, that is the result, so the intent is irrelevant at that point.

Reactions: LSN

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
That doesn't make sense though. The purpose of the police is to maintain law and order (protect and serve) and pursue people who are committing crimes. What we want to make sure is that black people are treated fairly and with dignity, and given the same treatment, benefit of the doubt, and opportunity to surrender as white suspects are currently given. When Castile was stopped, they thought it was for a broken tail light, but the officer had already decided he was a dangerous, guilty bank robber. They were not exceedingly cautious with the officer because they were not guilty of anything. He did what he did countless other times, inform the officer of his gun, and the cop freaked out and shot him, because he already had convicted him when he stopped him. We always fit the description. John Crawford and Tamir Rice, even if they HAD been criminals, should have been given the opportunity to surrender and not shot within seconds of coming into sight. They problem is not the victims, perfect or not, it is the system, officer conduct without repercussions, and white supremacy. White people are not presumed guilty, we shouldn't be either. Although we have many instances where black people were not guilty of anything and killed, their only interaction with us is not via traffic stops. When they are pursing actual criminals, they should not be judge, jury, and executioner.

Whether or not your intent is to classify victim status and pick and choose who gets justice, that is the result, so the intent is irrelevant at that point.

Strategy doesn't make sense? Letting emotions rule does? I know what pigs are supposed to do. I also know how people work. We have the goal, but the strategy to get to that goal is backwards.

We know the system is the problem. But how do we change it? If we have so many victims, why not choose the right ones to be the face for all? That's the game of getting things done. The idealistic approach doesn't work. This is politics. Politics is a cold game. They play it ice cold, and we have to play it the same way if we want justice for all of us.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Strategy doesn't make sense? Letting emotions rule does? I know what pigs are supposed to do. I also know how people work. We have the goal, but the strategy to get to that goal is backwards.

We know the system is the problem. But how do we change it? If we have so many victims, why not choose the right ones to be the face for all? That's the game of getting things done. The idealistic approach doesn't work. This is politics. Politics is a cold game. They play it ice cold, and we have to play it the same way if we want justice for all of us.

I agree that we should act less on emotions and more with strategy, but I can't agree with further marginalizing already marginalized people, suffering and grieving and angry over a lack of justice. Can you look someone in the eye and tell them their child or loved one doesn't matter because they were killed in the middle of doing something they shouldn't have been doing? These killings that go viral are mostly organic. There is not one overseer deciding who does and doesn't get attention. In clear cases where the police reacted responsibly or didn't have a choice to shoot, most people who are not simply blinded by hate understand that. We don't have that assurance here though. Within an hour of Korryn's social media accounts being taken down, they killed her. Was it justified or did they just want to do their dirt in the dark? I have family who are officers. I want them to make it home every night and I also have to worry about myself, my nieces and nephews that can be the next victims.

I covered all this before in back when Mike Brown was killed. It's long though, so you probably won't read it.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I agree that we should act less on emotions and more with strategy, but I can't agree with further marginalizing already marginalized people, suffering and grieving and angry over a lack of justice. 1. Can you look someone in the eye and tell them their child or loved one doesn't matter because they were killed in the middle of doing something they shouldn't have been doing? These killings that go viral are mostly organic. 2. There is not one overseer deciding who does and doesn't get attention. In clear cases where the police reacted responsibly or didn't have a choice to shoot, most people who are not simply blinded by hate understand that. We don't have that assurance here though. Within an hour of Korryn's social media accounts being taken down, they killed her. Was it justified or did they just want to do their dirt in the dark? I have family who are officers. I want them to make it home every night and I also have to worry about myself, my nieces and nephews that can be the next victims.

3.I covered all this before in back when Mike Brown was killed. It's long though, so you probably won't read it.

1. Again, I never, ever, ever said that. All I said is taking that position wouldn't help us as a group. It just doesn't.

2. There is a way things are shifting. People are retreating to their own social media worlds and blocking everyone who disagrees with them. When going against a system that has PROVEN to use strategy for CENTURIES, it's a mistake to not use the same tactics.

3. I see you have kept the same approach. It's idealistic and doesn't go with how people work. You want people to think in terms of their family doing wrong, but even when family does wrong people aren't thinking like that. So how do you get people to relate to your point? You say parents don't know the dirt their kids do. That's correct. So how can they relate when the event involves someone doing wrong?

Even if it was their child, they'd be in denial. :smh: To most parents, their kids are always remembered at the most innocent point in their lives. That's what we fucking do.

Yes, pigs can be incompetent and brutal, but we must communicate that fact with examples that folks can relate to. Yes, there are white people who don't like us because we exist, but we aren't trying to sway them. We want to sway the abolitionist types who were against slavery but still didn't want us for neighbors. We want to sway those who were for civil rights but still didn't want us for neighbors. That's a harsh fucking reality, isn't it?

The reality is fucking cold. But that is our only option being 13 percent of the population in this fucked up society.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
1. Again, I never, ever, ever said that. All I said is taking that position wouldn't help us as a group. It just doesn't.

2. There is a way things are shifting. People are retreating to their own social media worlds and blocking everyone who disagrees with them. When going against a system that has PROVEN to use strategy for CENTURIES, it's a mistake to not use the same tactics.

3. I see you have kept the same approach. It's idealistic and doesn't go with how people work. You want people to think in terms of their family doing wrong, but even when family does wrong people aren't thinking like that. So how do you get people to relate to your point? You say parents don't know the dirt their kids do. That's correct. So how can they relate when the event involves someone doing wrong?

Even if it was their child, they'd be in denial. :smh: To most parents, their kids are always remembered at the most innocent point in their lives. That's what we fucking do.

Yes, pigs can be incompetent and brutal, but we must communicate that fact with examples that folks can relate to. Yes, there are white people who don't like us because we exist, but we aren't trying to sway them. We want to sway the abolitionist types who were against slavery but still didn't want us for neighbors. We want to sway those who were for civil rights but still didn't want us for neighbors. That's a harsh fucking reality, isn't it?

The reality is fucking cold. But that is our only option being 13 percent of the population in this fucked up society.

If we do what you suggest, and don't bring attention to those we "shouldn't" what is the result? Who gets to decide who is worthy?

I also see a shift. After the murders of Sterling and Castile, even after the Dallas shootings, the narrative and mainstream reporting did not go back to the way it was. People could see that the anger black people have over police killings is justified. I saw white people on social media say they couldn't believe it and that they were going start recording police interaction with black people. With Kinsey, even though the officers were not charged, people could see that "hands up don't shoot" doesn't always work. Shifts happen in increments until it hits the tipping point. Just like during the civil rights era, seeing black people hosed and attacked by dogs caused a shift. (This is a pet peeve of mine. I hate black pain being on display and consumed by white folks in order to humanize us, but that seems to be the only thing that works since far too many don't have personal relationships to where they can see us as a friend and not just a stereotype).

As far as the parents go, I guess it just depends on how you were raised. My mother made it clear that she would always stand by us, but that she was not going to condone poor behavior, or protect us from consequences of our actions. I have extended family that I love deeply, that I know cannot be trusted, so i guess that all depends on how much people lie to themselves. The focus is still on the wrong thing. It needs to be on police and police conduct, not the character of the victims. I understand how their character can color perception, so I'm not saying that it is totally insignificant, but I expect the police to adhere to a higher standard than average citizens.

kefta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Same thing...
Her anger led her to put her agenda ahead of the safety of her children. That is misplaced priorities Bruh. Her agenda against her oppressors was given HIGHER priority at that moment than the safety of her children and family. Thats why I 1000% respect Dude who bounced with the baby. Smart man, here to live another day, fight another day, and be a father for his child...

I never said I wasn't angry at racists people, earlier posts explain in detail my entire position.
You and I will see this differently, as I said, no issue AT THAT MOMENT is more important to me than insuring the safety of my child. I don't care if it's a white supremacist, a racist, a person on the street I am in the middle of a dispute with, etc., my FIRST priority is to make sure my child is safely away from any opportunity to be hurt by that situation, so I will do whatever I had to do to mitigate danger for him.

Like I said, while I mourn her death as a black woman, there is also accountability on her part and she failed herself and her child. She may still have gotten shot, but to assist in escalating the situation is foolish, and she contributed to her catching lead as well as her child.

We will NEVER see eye to eye on this issue in the context of what happened bruh. She responded the best way she saw fit, cool... and she ended up dead and her child shot, traumatized and motherless because of her doing what she saw fit and escalating the issue...

Lets pick on our own size. We as black people are scared to confront the racist man and racist woman. Hence, its easy to look for blame in what other black people do within the context of racism/white supremacy!

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
If we do what you suggest, and don't bring attention to those we "shouldn't" what is the result? Who gets to decide who is worthy?

I also see a shift. After the murders of Sterling and Castile, even after the Dallas shootings, the narrative and mainstream reporting did not go back to the way it was. People could see that the anger black people have over police killings is justified. I saw white people on social media say they couldn't believe it and that they were going start recording police interaction with black people. With Kinsey, even though the officers were not charged, people could see that "hands up don't shoot" doesn't always work. Shifts happen in increments until it hits the tipping point. Just like during the civil rights era, seeing black people hosed and attacked by dogs caused a shift. (This is a pet peeve of mine. I hate black pain being on display and consumed by white folks in order to humanize us, but that seems to be the only thing that works since far too many don't have personal relationships to where they can see us as a friend and not just a stereotype).

As far as the parents go, I guess it just depends on how you were raised. My mother made it clear that she would always stand by us, but that she was not going to condone poor behavior, or protect us from consequences of our actions. I have extended family that I love deeply, that I know cannot be trusted, so i guess that all depends on how much people lie to themselves. The focus is still on the wrong thing. It needs to be on police and police conduct, not the character of the victims. I understand how their character can color perception, so I'm not saying that it is totally insignificant, but I expect the police to adhere to a higher standard than average citizens.

And then people went two steps back with this Gaines shit. You do know momentum can be taken away with missteps? Step forward. Three back and a push. Against an already rigged system. That's not going to win.

You're right. Civil Rights era was about the way things were portrayed. Also, government had a vested interest. They were called out on their domestic situation while trying to say they were for freedom. As usual, they played chess. As soon as they seemed to give, they had the 'war on drugs and poverty' on deck. Always a hustle with these cacs.

This is a serious evil we are facing. How do we decide who is worthy? Social media pressure is a start. How about we start with a person can't be committing a violent crime or felony when an incident happens? We'll still have more pig brutality that we will know what to do with to use for examples.

When Civil rights was going on, cacs couldn't point to all the violence going on in the community. Now they can. And as they withdraw pigs, the violence will rise. They are controlling the narrative and some of us don't even realize they plan this shit out steps in advance.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Oh, and to address this. That's the problem. You WANT the world to work like that but it doesn't. They are going to judge character. It's like with rape victims and how they say some women 'ask for it.' That's just a reality. It's wrong, but it's a reality.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
And then people went two steps back with this Gaines shit. You do know momentum can be taken away with missteps? Step forward. Three back and a push. Against an already rigged system. That's not going to win.

You're right. Civil Rights era was about the way things were portrayed. Also, government had a vested interest. They were called out on their domestic situation while trying to say they were for freedom. As usual, they played chess. As soon as they seemed to give, they had the 'war on drugs and poverty' on deck. Always a hustle with these cacs.

This is a serious evil we are facing. How do we decide who is worthy? Social media pressure is a start. How about we start with a person can't be committing a violent crime or felony when an incident happens? We'll still have more pig brutality that we will know what to do with to use for examples.

When Civil rights was going on, cacs couldn't point to all the violence going on in the community. Now they can. And as they withdraw pigs, the violence will rise. They are controlling the narrative and some of us don't even realize they plan this shit out steps in advance.

Korryn was not out committing a crime. She was in her own home when the door got kicked in.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Oh, and to address this. That's the problem. You WANT the world to work like that but it doesn't. They are going to judge character. It's like with rape victims and how they say some women 'ask for it.' That's just a reality. It's wrong, but it's a reality.

So we can force a change in focus for which killings receive attention, but we cannot force a change where the actions and conduct of the officers receive focus, instead of the background of the victim?

You know I'm through with this discussion for right now. I respect your opinion and I think you make great points, but we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.