Satire

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
And I told you that I read the article that you posted and I didn't see where Terri said or implied that she is or is not a political centrist. So, that conclusion was yours, notwithstanding the contents of the article or my opinion.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And I told you that I read the article that you posted and I didn't see where Terri said or implied that she is or is not a political centrist. So, that conclusion was yours, notwithstanding the contents of the article or my opinion.

Yes, exactly. I make my conclusions based on a legislator's past record.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Other than Sewell's position regarding the Syrian refugees, what else in her record leads you to such a conclusion ???

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
12246718_10153109837892541_6274359677407472143_n.jpg

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Doesn't matter T.O., whether she's my elected representative or not. I know her and she's never phrased her ideology to me, at least, in those terms. Hence, I was interested in the source of your opinion.

Meanwhile, a bomb is about to explode in Chicago (watching Rahm Emanuel's presser right now as he and others attempt to lay a foundation to attempt to keep the lid on in advance of the release of the video of the shooting of 16 year old Laquan McDonald, but I fear the worse). Where is Greed?

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Doesn't matter T.O., whether she's my elected representative or not. I know her and she's never phrased her ideology to me, at least, in those terms. Hence, I was interested in the source of your opinion.

Meanwhile, a bomb is about to explode in Chicago (watching Rahm Emanuel's presser right now as he and others attempt to lay a foundation to attempt to keep the lid on in advance of the release of the video of the shooting of 16 year old Laquan McDonald, but I fear the worse). Where is Greed?

Doesn't matter T.O., whether she's my elected representative or not. I know her and she's never phrased her ideology to me
So she is.

Ideology is just an academic term for how you will see issues.

I some ways, I do agree with the republicans.

Some Black folk will support the status quo to our detriment just as poor whites support republicans at their own peril.

Although I don't believe in a political Litmus Test and no politician is perfect, you should question if they have their constituents best issues at heart.

sources: Huffington Post

Here's A List Of The Democrats Who Voted To Shut The Door On Syrian Refugees

Rep. Terri Sewell (Ala.)

source: Ballotpedia

Terri Sewell (b. January 1, 1965, in Selma, AL) is a Democratic member of the U.S. House representing Alabama's 7th Congressional District. Sewell was first elected to the House in 2010. Sewell serves as one of the Chief Deputy Whips of the Democratic caucus for the 113th Congress.

Sewell is seeking re-election in 2016.

Sewell won re-election to the U.S. House in 2014. She defeated Tamara Harris Johnson in the primary and was unchallenged in the general election on November 4, 2014.<sup id="cite_ref-huffpost14_2-0" class="reference">[2]</sup>

Based on analysis of multiple outside rankings, Sewell is an average Democratic member of Congress, meaning she will vote with the Democratic Party on the majority of bills.

Key votes

Economic and fiscal

Trade Act of 2015

<dl><dd><dl><dd>See also: The Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal, 2015
</dd></dl></dd></dl> Trade adjustment assistance

On June 12, 2015, the House rejected the trade adjustment assistance (TAA) measure in HR 1314 - Trade Act of 2015 by a vote of 126 to 302. TAA is a federal program providing American workers displaced by foreign trade agreements with job training and services. Although the measure has generally been supported by Democrats in the past, the vote divided the party because it was packaged in a bill featuring the less popular trade promotion authority (TPA). For this reason, even though the two measures were voted on separately, some considered a vote against TAA to be a de facto vote against TPA. Sewell was one of only 40 Democrats to vote in favor of TAA.

Trade promotion authority second vote
After the House failed to pass trade adjustment assistance (TAA) and trade promotion authority (TPA) together on June 12, 2015, it voted to authorize TPA alone as an amendment to HR 2146 - Defending Public Safety Employees' Retirement Act on June 18, 2015. The amendment passed by a vote of 218-208, with all voting members of the House maintaining his or her original position on TPA except for Ted Yoho (R-Fla.). Sewell was one of 28 Democrats to vote in favor of the amendment.

Meanwhile, a bomb is about to explode in Chicago

Personally, none of this surprises me.

Emanuel has shown what he is about.

If you paid attention to his record in the Obama administration. Nothing is new.
He has been closing down schools in the Black neighborhoods in Chicago unapologeticly.

This police abuse scandal was a major part of the Chicago mayoral election, which led to a run off.

His opponent, a Chicago councilman was by far more on track with Black issues in Chicago, however, the majority of Black folk supported Emanuel just because he was associated with President Obama. That is those that bothered to vote.

I'm convinced if Jesús "Chuy" García, Rahm Emanuel's run off oppent had of won the Chicago mayoral election, from what I have read about him, this issue would have been dealt with in a better way.

So, yes the so called centrists, which Rahm Emanuel and Terri Sewell claim to be in some ways are just as detrimental to Black folk by supporting the staus quo as republicans do.

Last edited:

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
12512599_963874197040724_6545111543061740722_n.jpg
Another one of Sarah Palin's staged photo sessions visiting a wounded warrior...because we know they lay around in bed in their uniforms.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Another one of Sarah Palin's staged photo sessions visiting a wounded warrior... because we know they lay around in bed in their uniforms.

. . . Yep, and looks like they're both contemplating getting out of their clothes, as well .. .. .. .. ..

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Donald Trump: "First Is the Worst, Second Is the Best" (Jimmy Fallon)

Published on Feb 3, 2016
Trump addresses his second-place finish in the Iowa Caucus.