49ers

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Caserio/McDaniels All day, everyday, it's about Culture... We need that winning culture...

If,yall manage to get McDummy you better hope,he learn his lesson in Denver.

He basically alienated coaches,players,former Broncos players,the media and etc

It was so bad,the players and coaches wanted to kick his ass that's how much of an asshole,he was...

I read Caserio and McDaniels are the leading candidates for the GM and head coaching job.... I know,they really like McDaniels alot.

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
BGOL Investor
If,yall manage to get McDummy you better hope,he learn his lesson in Denver.

He basically alienated coaches,players,former Broncos players,the media and etc

It was so bad,the players and coaches wanted to kick his ass that's how much of an asshole,he was...

I read Caserio and McDaniels are the leading candidates for the GM and head coaching job.... I know,they really like McDaniels alot.
I think he'll do better this time... He more seasoned... I'm not a big fan of Louis Riddick but he might end up being the GM since we ain't get to interview Caserio smh

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I think he'll do better this time... He more seasoned... I'm not a big fan of Louis Riddick but he might end up being the GM since we ain't get to interview Caserio smh

Possibly I'm hearing Wolf
I wanted Riddick but now Im 50/50 on him
I absolutely do not want Garopolo though
if he was worth it the patriots wouldn't get rid of him

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
BGOL Investor
Possibly I'm hearing Wolf
I wanted Riddick but now Im 50/50 on him
I absolutely do not want Garopolo though
if he was worth it the patriots wouldn't get rid of him
Highly doubt we end up with Garopolo, even with McDaniels... My Bay Area homie seems to be swearing by Shanhan/Wolf.. saying McDaniels is gonna take LA. Tomorrow and the reason being, is He didn't take Denver (Shanhan)... who knows... Honestly I want the patriot culture, but I could live with Kyle... As long as he brings in a good DC

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Highly doubt we end up with Garopolo, even with McDaniels... My Bay Area homie seems to be swearing by Shanhan/Wolf.. saying McDaniels is gonna take LA. Tomorrow and the reason being, is He didn't take Denver (Shanhan)... who knows... Honestly I want the patriot culture, but I could live with Kyle... As long as he brings in a good DC

I don't want their culture only because it only works for them. Whatever juju they got, it stays there. None of the qb's they send off are ever worth a shit and the gms and stuff don't do shit out of house either.
I'm encouraged that we're actually looking for someone though. A good combination. We've got A FEW not a lot but A FEW pieces we can work with to where if we hit on this draft and sign some KEY free agents with the $80 million we have to spend we could win some of these games.

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
BGOL Investor
I don't want their culture only because it only works for them. Whatever juju they got, it stays there. None of the qb's they send off are ever worth a shit and the gms and stuff don't do shit out of house either.
I'm encouraged that we're actually looking for someone though. A good combination. We've got A FEW not a lot but A FEW pieces we can work with to where if we hit on this draft and sign some KEY free agents with the $80 million we have to spend we could win some of these games.
With all do respect... I'm the leader of the Creep sqwad now.. You been saying this team was "good" and I been telling you it was trash for 3 years now... So I think it best if we go with my ideas over yours until you can redeem yourself for tryina sell us the bs..

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
With all do respect... I'm the leader of the Creep sqwad now.. You been saying this team was "good" and I been telling you it was trash for 3 years now... So I think it best if we go with my ideas over yours until you can redeem yourself for tryina sell us the bs..

Nah
2014- jim last year we went 8-8 and would've done better than that without 20 people on ir- at that time it was people like patrick willis and bowman and the offensive line on ir not scrubs

Last year I gave them a year of good faith. - To see what they'd do and if they made the right decision keeping baalke

After that all I've said is we need Kap and had 0 expectations for the team this season. And still maintain whoever we get to coach and gm need to keep kap because he's proven.
So the only year I was wrong about was last year, after giving them a year of good faith after that I've been wait and see all off season and all during the season mentioning we have some pieces- we do- and that we need to keep kap- which we do.

Last edited:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
I been laying back all season not saying just to see what they would do and as expected the whole shit imploded on them.
I am going to say exactly what I said last year, in sports you are either winning/fighting for championships, developing talent so you can one day fight for championships or evaluation talent so you can one day sort out who is worth developing or not.
Right now we are doing none of the above, because how can we even evaluate our talent on offense with such a shitty offensive line?
You can say our qb is shitty but how can you say that if there is no protection there for him, the same can be said about every position on offense.
What we really need to do is write off next season by making sure we can at least make it to step one, player evaluation once this happens, then we can make adjustments before contending for the championship.
If they were to listen to me and do it last year, sure our record may be the same, maybe even worse, but at least we would know what we need to direction to go.
Matter of fact I would not be mad if they draft three O-line men and three men on defense and call it a day, then by next year when we wind up at the bottom of the NFL, at least we would know who to draft then. And if we do get a young QB at least he would be able to show case his skill set with a decant O-line instead of spending the entire season running for his life.
Teams that are perennial losers tend to be the clubs who takes short cuts in the process.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Our offensive line isn't shitty they're really young. I can agree with a change at center but everywhere else we're good. They held up pretty damn good this year compared to years past. They need to work on some run blocking but that all depends on the new scheme of whoever comes.
QB ain't shitty. Kap went 11 games started had 16 td's 4int's on the year we need weapons
on offense we've got the makings of a great line a qb and a rb
we need another rb we need wide receivers and a tight end.

defensively idk what our secondary is other than brock and bathea can't be a part of it anymore.
wilhoite needs to be cut too.
buckner is a stud.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Our offensive line isn't shitty they're really young. I can agree with a change at center but everywhere else we're good. They held up pretty damn good this year compared to years past. They need to work on some run blocking but that all depends on the new scheme of whoever comes.
QB ain't shitty. Kap went 11 games started had 16 td's 4int's on the year we need weapons
on offense we've got the makings of a great line a qb and a rb
we need another rb we need wide receivers and a tight end.

defensively idk what our secondary is other than brock and bathea can't be a part of it anymore.
wilhoite needs to be cut too.
buckner is a stud.
Maybe you are a better reader of offensive lines than me, because all I saw was a bunch of big fat men on their asses giving up sacks. But I will admit that I am not able to split hairs of shitty play and players that are young and unpolished, because it all looks the same to me.
But I stick by my point, until they stop getting knocked on their asses like bowling balls, it is impossible to tell who stinks and who needs more time for the play to develop for them to shine.
BTW we been ranked 30th out of 32 teams offensive lines by Pro Football Focus but to be honest I don't see how Minnesota and San Diego could be worse..

1. Dallas Cowboys (85.0)
This won’t come as a galloping shock to anybody, but the Dallas Cowboys own the best offensive line in the game, and that’s reflected in just about every way you care to measure it. As a run-blocking force, there is little that can hold up to the Cowboys’ road-graders, and they have been able to gain Ezekiel Elliott 439 rushing yards before contact this season in just nine games. As a unit, they have surrendered just 71 total pressures in pass protection, the second-best mark in the league, and if anything, they actually got significantly better when they lost LG La’el Collins to injury and Ronald Leary came into the lineup. Leary has yet to surrender a sack or hit in 2016.

2. Philadelphia Eagles (83.0)
The only team to allow fewer total QB pressures as a unit than the Cowboys this season is the Philadelphia Eagles (70), but they can’t match the Dallas line when it comes to run blocking. Philadelphia’s line also won’t be quite as strong going forward, given RT Lane Johnson’s suspension; Johnson was playing at an All-Pro level this year. His replacement, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, started off extremely poorly, but has improved with each subsequent start, and has been fine in each of the past two games. Free-agent acquisition G Brandon Brooks has been the standout performer on this unit, allowing just eight total pressures this season and also run blocking well.

3. Oakland Raiders (82.8)
On paper heading into the season, the Oakland Raiders had put together an offensive line that could challenge Dallas for the crown of best in the league. While it hasn’t quite hit those heights consistently, the Raiders’ unit has at least moved to the sharp end of these rankings and is not a million miles away from the top. There is no real weak link to this unit, and they have suffered from a laundry list of injuries at the right tackle spot; while Austin Howard isn’t able to hold up to the likes of Von Miller, though, he can withstand the onslaught from most other pass-rushers on that side.

4. Buffalo Bills (82.2)
The Bills definitely have an issue on the line, and while RT Jordan Mills threatened to maintain passable play earlier in the season, that has fallen off a cliff lately, as he has recorded two of his worst games in the past three weeks, surrendering 17 total pressures and four sacks against the Dolphins and Seahawks—two good pass-rushing teams. Elsewhere, though, the line has been solid, and LT Cordy Glenn has yet to surrender a sack or hit on the QB, despite Tyrod Taylor having the league’s highest average time to throw (by some distance, in fact, at 3.05 seconds).

5. Green Bay Packers (81.9)
Nothing compares to Green Bay’s pass protection this season, despite the team struggling more than usual the last two weeks in that regard. They have allowed 72 total pressures, which is the third-best total in the league, but on a per-dropback basis, they have the best pass protection in football, despite Aaron Rodgers routinely trying to drag out plays in the vain hope that somebody will come open at some point in the play. As a run-blocking unit, they are actually pretty good, the Packers just rarely seem to ask them to prove it.

6. Tennessee Titans (81.6)
The Titans were the best line in the league over the first month of the season, but they have fallen off in recent weeks—enough to slip in the rankings. Both LT Taylor Lewan and RT Jack Conklin had poor games in the past month, and Lewan keeps finding foolish ways of getting himself flagged, even at times ejected from games. The interior trio of Josh Kline, Ben Jones, and Quinton Spain have been solid, and when called upon, Brian Schwenke didn’t embarrass himself in relief duty. This is one of the few lines in the league with no real weak link, but it just hasn’t maintained the elite play it showed early on in the season.

7. Atlanta Falcons (79.5)
The Falcons’ offense has been high-flying and hard to stop, and much of the credit for that belongs to the line, not just the star players getting all of the stats. RG Chris Chester has been the worst performer on the line, getting victimized by Fletcher Cox this past week in particular, but otherwise the unit has been good, with Alex Mack in particular proving to be a free-agency steal. Mack is currently PFF’s No. 3 ranked center, with an 86.5 grade, and is having one of the best seasons of his career. The starting five linemen have missed a combined four snaps over the season, and they were kneel-downs at the end of the Tampa Bay game.

8. New Orleans Saints (79.0)
The Saints lost some quality play this season due to LT Terron Armstead’s injury, but with him back in action, this is one of the league’s better lines, with the potential to rise even further in the rankings over the season. Only the Packers have been better when it comes to pass blocking when the number of dropbacks are factored in, with the Saints passing more than most teams. They have surrendered just 73 total pressures and run blocked well, though like the Packers, the Saints are often reluctant to make best use of them in that area.

9. Cleveland Browns (74.4)
If the memory of Thursday night against the Ravens is still fresh in your mind, rest assured that the Browns’ offensive line has been better than that most of the season, despite being stressed significantly by the QBs it has been protecting. Cody Kessler has shown promise as a rookie, but holds the ball too long much of the time, and is the league’s most-pressured QB largely because of his own failings, and not those of the line. That being said, this is where the grades begin to fall off and O-lines look seriously flawed. C Cameron Erving has been a major disappointment as a center, struggling to run block or pass protect, while even LT Joe Thomas has shown signs of being mortal.

10. Carolina Panthers (73.8)
Carolina’s problems on the line extend further than LT Mike Remmers, though he remains the biggest issue. Remmers has surrendered five sacks, two hits, and 26 hurries in 384 pass-blocking snaps this season, which isn’t the worst mark in the league (there is much, much worse to come), but it does rank sixth-worst among all tackles. Trai Turner has had a disappointing slump after appearing to be on his way to becoming one of the league’s best guards. Michael Oher being off the field would ordinarily be a positive development, but the depth hasn’t proven to be much of an upgrade, if any; Daryl Williams has only allowed one sack, but has surrendered 16 additional QB pressures on 253 pass-blocking snaps.

11. Pittsburgh Steelers (73.6)
The Steelers have a good offensive line and a problem spot at left tackle. Alejandro Villanueva is a fantastic story, as an ex-Army WR and TE converted to tackle in the NFL at 6-foot-10 in height, but he struggles too much to be a cornerstone piece moving forward. This season, his pass blocking has been better, and yet he has still been responsible for five sacks and 32 total pressures already. David DeCastro and Ramon Foster are challenging Dallas for the title of best pair of guards in 2016. They are the only duo from the same team in the top 10 of PFF’s guard rankings, with grades of 85.4 and 84.7, respectively.

12. Washington Redskins (73.5)
Trent Williams has been the league’s best left tackle this season, and even moonlighted successfully inside at guard when injury forced a reshuffle on the line. RT Morgan Moses and RG Brandon Scherff on the right side have been impressive, but Shawn Lauvao has been an issue at left guard. Lauvao has surrendered 24 total QB pressures so far this season, fourth-most among guards. Spencer Long hasn’t been anything special in the middle, but he does at least represent a huge upgrade over their play at the position a year ago, ranking 22nd in PFF grade, rather than 30th and 36th, as the Redskins centers did in 2015.

13. Arizona Cardinals (73.0)
The loss of LT Jared Veldheer could send this unit slipping down the rankings, but John Wetzel held up well at least in his first start, albeit against the 49ers this past week. Outside of the left tackle spot, this is a unit far better at run blocking than it is in pass protection, which is part of the reason this offense has shifted from its heavy pass focus in 2015 to leaning more on RB David Johnson this season, one of the league’s best backs. The right side has been a major issue in pass protection, with RT D.J. Humphries and RG Earl Watford combining to surrender 13 sacks already.

14. New England Patriots (72.8)
The return of long-time OL coach Dante Scarnecchia has had a significant impact on a unit that was one of the worst in football a year ago, though the natural progression of a lot of young players is tough to quantify, too. Another unit better at run blocking than it is in pass protection, many of New England’s O-line struggles are masked by Tom Brady and his ability to get rid of the ball quickly. Jacoby Brissett and Jimmy Garoppolo each had even faster average times to throw than Brady this season, with all three ranking among the 10 fastest times in the league, at under 2.4 seconds per attempt. As a line, they have surrendered 91 total QB pressures on the season.

15. Jacksonville Jaguars (72.4)
Brandon Linder at center has been the star of this line in 2016. He currently sits at No. 4 in PFF’s center rankings, with a grade of 85.4, and has allowed just nine total QB pressures in over 410 snaps of pass blocking this season. Outside of him, though, this line has been average, and any strengths in one area are offset by weaknesses in another. Kelvin Beachum has been a disappointment as he comes back from a knee injury. He has surrendered 24 total QB pressures, been flagged five times, and currently has owns a PFF overall grade of 50.3.

16. Houston Texans (72.4)
An undrafted free agent in 2015, C Greg Mancz was a player that had graded exceptionally well in college, and he has been arguably the best player on this line this season as a starter without missing a snap. Mancz has yet to allow a sack, and has been grading well in all areas. Duane Brown showed this past week that he can still be an elite left tackle, with a perfect pass-blocking display against the Jaguars, but the other spots on the line have been varying degrees of concerning. As a unit, they have surrendered 108 total QB pressures on 349 pass-blocking snaps.

17. Kansas City Chiefs (72.3)
Most lines have some studs or duds on them, but the Chiefs are a group that lands in the middle of the pack, having really been average or a little better across the board. LT Eric Fisher has developed to reach that level, but that does seem to be his ceiling at this point. As a group, they have allowed only 76 total pressures, but Alex Smith is once again among the league’s lowest in average depth of target, at 7.5, so they aren’t being asked to protect for the same drops as some other lines.

18. Chicago Bears (72.1)
When healthy, the Bears have one of the league’s best interior trios. Josh Sitton has been an excellent boost to the line, especially given how he unexpectedly fell into their laps before the season. Rookie Cody Whitehair has been very good at center, given his position switch from college tackle, though his past few games haven’t been as strong as earlier in the year. The problem spot on the line is RT Bobby Massie, who has surrendered 27 total pressures in only 339 pass-blocking snaps and hasn’t made up for that with his run blocking.

19. New York Giants (71.9)
LT Ereck Flowers improved massively in year two, dragging his PFF grade up from a disastrous 32.5 as a rookie to a far more respectable 75.2 in 2016. There is still work to do there, as he has allowed 30 total QB pressures, but at least he isn’t the liability he was as a rookie. On the other side, RT Bobby Hart has the lowest-grade of the unit, struggling as a pass protector and run blocker, but Justin Pugh has been the league’s highest-graded guard so far this season, at 87.8—the Giants will just have to hope the time without him isn’t too damaging.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (69.2)
As a unit, the Bucs have allowed 124 total QB pressures on 387 pass-blocking snaps, and LT Donovan Smith has been responsible for 45 of them, the most among any single lineman in the league. Smith has been by far the biggest issue on that line as a pass blocker, but Ali Marpet redresses some of that balance with good pass blocking, allowing 13 total QB pressures so far. As a group, this is a better run-blocking line than it is a pass-blocking unit, with only LG Kevin Pamphile earning ugly grades in the run game.

21. Detroit Lions (68.4)
Taylor Decker has been the league’s best rookie left tackle this season. He has been reasonable as a pass blocker and solid in run blocking, and has outperformed the players taken ahead of him on the left side. Travis Swanson has been good at the center spot, too, giving the Lions a pair of solid performers, but the other three spots have been more disappointing, especially Larry Warford, who we have seen is capable of so much more. As a group, they have allowed 105 total pressures on 353 pass-blocking snaps.

22. Indianapolis Colts (68.0)
The Colts have allowed the most total pressures in the entire league, at 159, in 409 pass-blocking snaps. Only two lines have been asked to pass protect on more snaps (Green Bay and Jacksonville), but that still is the worst rate in the league, and a total that would be one of the worst we have seen over the past decade. The issue, though, is that Andrew Luck holds the ball longer than any QB in the league outside of Tyrod Taylor, averaging 2.75 seconds per attempt, so this line is pass blocking longer than nearly any other unit. The starting five is less of an issue than the depth, but any time they have been forced to the bench, things have been ugly. Jack Mewhort has yet to allow a single sack or hit across 298 pass-blocking snaps at guard.

23. Cincinnati Bengals (67.0)
For years, the Bengals had one of the league’s best lines, but this season they have fallen off. Heading into the season, they had two potential issues on paper at right tackle and center, and both have proven to be problems. RT Cedric Ogbuehi has allowed seven sacks and 32 total QB pressures across nine games, and C Russell Bodine has allowed more sacks than any other center in the league. Andrew Whitworth has remained one of the best tackles in the game, currently second in PFF’s rankings with an 89.8 grade, but he hasn’t had enough help.

24. Miami Dolphins (66.9)
Miami’s fortunes have adjusted drastically as the team pivoted to more of a power-running offense as the season went on, but it was really all on the back of Jay Ajayi’s hard running, rather than any dominance the line has in that area. Ajayi has gained 62.2 percent of his rushing yardage after contact, and is averaging 3.5 yards per carry after contact. Rookie Laremy Tunsil has been solid, allowing just one sack and 17 total pressures in time at left guard and tackle, but solid is the high-water mark on this line.

25. Denver Broncos (66.7)
The Denver Broncos line is actually okay, outside of one prohibitive position that threatens to sink the whole ship. At right tackle, Donald Stephenson and Ty Sambrailo alternate getting eviscerated by opposing pass-rushers, sometimes both within the same game. As a pair, they have surrendered six sacks and 46 total QB pressures on the season, which would be the most in the league if they were one right tackle. Russell Okung has been better, but he himself is responsible for 38 total QB pressures, second-most among left tackles in the league.

26. Los Angeles Rams (65.8)
The state of the Rams’ offensive line has to have weighed heavily on Jeff Fisher’s reluctance to throw Jared Goff into the firing line for so long. It isn’t the worst line in the league, but it’s a bigger problem than you’d like for a rookie struggling to adjust. The good news is that they are better in pass protection than they are running the ball. They have surrendered just 92 total QB pressures on the season, and have the 14th-best pas-blocking efficiency. The real problem is run blocking, where Todd Gurley has gained a massive 70.3 percent of his rushing yards after contact over the season. He averages 3.1 yards per carry in 2016, and 2.2 of them have come after being hit.

27. Baltimore Ravens (65.2)
This line looked far better on paper heading into the season, but rookie LT Ronnie Stanley has looked little like his preseason self, having allowed 18 total QB pressures despite missing some time injured. When he hasn’t been playing, fellow rookie Alex Lewis has been asked to kick out to man his left tackle spot, and that went about as badly as you would expect any guard playing left tackle to go (21 total QB pressures in three games at left tackle). When healthy, Marshal Yanda has been among the league’s best guards, but he has missed time, and there has been little else positive on the Ravens’ line this season.

28. New York Jets (62.0)
When LG James Carpenter is arguably the best player on the line, you know you have some issues. C Nick Mangold still has a claim to that title as well, but Mangold is a shell of his former greatness, and has been far from great as a run blocker, in particular. The tackle spots have been the real problem on this line, though, with Ryan Clady, Ben Ijalana, and Breno Giacomini combining to surrender 11 sacks and 74 total QB pressures on the season, with 10 penalties thrown in as well. QB play in New York has not been good, but that’s a tough situation to succeed in.

29. Seattle Seahawks (61.2)
Make no mistake, this is a terrible offensive line, but the last-ditch attempt to resurrect the career of Justin Britt has at least been a success, as he has been a solid center, with a PFF grade of 80.5. Even Britt’s season has been more inconsistent than good, and the rest of the line has been a complete mess, with terrible play coming from the other four spots, regardless of who lines up there. This unit had some success against the Patriots on Sunday night, but this was a failing more of the Patriots’ defensive front than any lasting positive from the Seahawks’ O-line.

30. San Francisco 49ers (59.3)
It’s only four years since the 49ers owned the league’s best offensive line. Like the rest of the roster, this unit has collapsed into ruin. Nobody on the line has a PFF overall grade above 80.0, and even LT Joe Staley, for years one of the league’s best tackles, has surrendered 31 total QB pressures, though his run blocking has at least remained strong. This is a line with no real strength, though it is at least better run blocking than it has been pass protecting.

31. Minnesota Vikings (58.9)
It’s no secret that the Vikings’ offensive line has struggled badly, and without the play of Joe Berger in the middle, it would probably be at the bottom of this list. Berger has been good, if not as good as a year ago, and is PFF’s sixth-ranked center with a grade of 84.5; the next-highest grade on the line, however, is 72.3 from Alex Boone, and the current four-starters outside of Berger average a PFF grade of 51.5. T.J. Clemmings in particular has been a disaster at tackle, surrendering 24 total pressures and owning one of the worst grades we have ever given a tackle over the past 10 seasons of grading.

32. San Diego Chargers (57.0)
It seems hard to believe there is a line worse than the Vikings or Seahawks this season, but at least in this metric, the San Diego Chargers take that award. The Chargers have allowed 147 total pressures over the season, worse than every team outside of Indianapolis, and with a QB getting rid of the ball significantly faster on average (2.45 seconds per attempt vs 2.75, the difference between 18th place in the league and 33rd). The run game may look better, but Melvin Gordon has gained 518 of his 838 rushing yards (61.2 percent) after contact, breaking 28 tackles to make it happen, so that flatters the blocking.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Maybe you are a better reader of offensive lines than me, because all I saw was a bunch of big fat men on their asses giving up sacks. But I will admit that I am not able to split hairs of shitty play and players that are young and unpolished, because it all looks the same to me.
But I stick by my point, until they stop getting knocked on their asses like bowling balls, it is impossible to tell who stinks and who needs more time for the play to develop for them to shine.
BTW we been ranked 30th out of 32 teams offensive lines by Pro Football Focus but to be honest I don't see how Minnesota and San Diego could be worse..

1. Dallas Cowboys (85.0)
This won’t come as a galloping shock to anybody, but the Dallas Cowboys own the best offensive line in the game, and that’s reflected in just about every way you care to measure it. As a run-blocking force, there is little that can hold up to the Cowboys’ road-graders, and they have been able to gain Ezekiel Elliott 439 rushing yards before contact this season in just nine games. As a unit, they have surrendered just 71 total pressures in pass protection, the second-best mark in the league, and if anything, they actually got significantly better when they lost LG La’el Collins to injury and Ronald Leary came into the lineup. Leary has yet to surrender a sack or hit in 2016.

2. Philadelphia Eagles (83.0)
The only team to allow fewer total QB pressures as a unit than the Cowboys this season is the Philadelphia Eagles (70), but they can’t match the Dallas line when it comes to run blocking. Philadelphia’s line also won’t be quite as strong going forward, given RT Lane Johnson’s suspension; Johnson was playing at an All-Pro level this year. His replacement, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, started off extremely poorly, but has improved with each subsequent start, and has been fine in each of the past two games. Free-agent acquisition G Brandon Brooks has been the standout performer on this unit, allowing just eight total pressures this season and also run blocking well.

3. Oakland Raiders (82.8)
On paper heading into the season, the Oakland Raiders had put together an offensive line that could challenge Dallas for the crown of best in the league. While it hasn’t quite hit those heights consistently, the Raiders’ unit has at least moved to the sharp end of these rankings and is not a million miles away from the top. There is no real weak link to this unit, and they have suffered from a laundry list of injuries at the right tackle spot; while Austin Howard isn’t able to hold up to the likes of Von Miller, though, he can withstand the onslaught from most other pass-rushers on that side.

4. Buffalo Bills (82.2)
The Bills definitely have an issue on the line, and while RT Jordan Mills threatened to maintain passable play earlier in the season, that has fallen off a cliff lately, as he has recorded two of his worst games in the past three weeks, surrendering 17 total pressures and four sacks against the Dolphins and Seahawks—two good pass-rushing teams. Elsewhere, though, the line has been solid, and LT Cordy Glenn has yet to surrender a sack or hit on the QB, despite Tyrod Taylor having the league’s highest average time to throw (by some distance, in fact, at 3.05 seconds).

5. Green Bay Packers (81.9)
Nothing compares to Green Bay’s pass protection this season, despite the team struggling more than usual the last two weeks in that regard. They have allowed 72 total pressures, which is the third-best total in the league, but on a per-dropback basis, they have the best pass protection in football, despite Aaron Rodgers routinely trying to drag out plays in the vain hope that somebody will come open at some point in the play. As a run-blocking unit, they are actually pretty good, the Packers just rarely seem to ask them to prove it.

6. Tennessee Titans (81.6)
The Titans were the best line in the league over the first month of the season, but they have fallen off in recent weeks—enough to slip in the rankings. Both LT Taylor Lewan and RT Jack Conklin had poor games in the past month, and Lewan keeps finding foolish ways of getting himself flagged, even at times ejected from games. The interior trio of Josh Kline, Ben Jones, and Quinton Spain have been solid, and when called upon, Brian Schwenke didn’t embarrass himself in relief duty. This is one of the few lines in the league with no real weak link, but it just hasn’t maintained the elite play it showed early on in the season.

7. Atlanta Falcons (79.5)
The Falcons’ offense has been high-flying and hard to stop, and much of the credit for that belongs to the line, not just the star players getting all of the stats. RG Chris Chester has been the worst performer on the line, getting victimized by Fletcher Cox this past week in particular, but otherwise the unit has been good, with Alex Mack in particular proving to be a free-agency steal. Mack is currently PFF’s No. 3 ranked center, with an 86.5 grade, and is having one of the best seasons of his career. The starting five linemen have missed a combined four snaps over the season, and they were kneel-downs at the end of the Tampa Bay game.

8. New Orleans Saints (79.0)
The Saints lost some quality play this season due to LT Terron Armstead’s injury, but with him back in action, this is one of the league’s better lines, with the potential to rise even further in the rankings over the season. Only the Packers have been better when it comes to pass blocking when the number of dropbacks are factored in, with the Saints passing more than most teams. They have surrendered just 73 total pressures and run blocked well, though like the Packers, the Saints are often reluctant to make best use of them in that area.

9. Cleveland Browns (74.4)
If the memory of Thursday night against the Ravens is still fresh in your mind, rest assured that the Browns’ offensive line has been better than that most of the season, despite being stressed significantly by the QBs it has been protecting. Cody Kessler has shown promise as a rookie, but holds the ball too long much of the time, and is the league’s most-pressured QB largely because of his own failings, and not those of the line. That being said, this is where the grades begin to fall off and O-lines look seriously flawed. C Cameron Erving has been a major disappointment as a center, struggling to run block or pass protect, while even LT Joe Thomas has shown signs of being mortal.

10. Carolina Panthers (73.8)
Carolina’s problems on the line extend further than LT Mike Remmers, though he remains the biggest issue. Remmers has surrendered five sacks, two hits, and 26 hurries in 384 pass-blocking snaps this season, which isn’t the worst mark in the league (there is much, much worse to come), but it does rank sixth-worst among all tackles. Trai Turner has had a disappointing slump after appearing to be on his way to becoming one of the league’s best guards. Michael Oher being off the field would ordinarily be a positive development, but the depth hasn’t proven to be much of an upgrade, if any; Daryl Williams has only allowed one sack, but has surrendered 16 additional QB pressures on 253 pass-blocking snaps.

11. Pittsburgh Steelers (73.6)
The Steelers have a good offensive line and a problem spot at left tackle. Alejandro Villanueva is a fantastic story, as an ex-Army WR and TE converted to tackle in the NFL at 6-foot-10 in height, but he struggles too much to be a cornerstone piece moving forward. This season, his pass blocking has been better, and yet he has still been responsible for five sacks and 32 total pressures already. David DeCastro and Ramon Foster are challenging Dallas for the title of best pair of guards in 2016. They are the only duo from the same team in the top 10 of PFF’s guard rankings, with grades of 85.4 and 84.7, respectively.

12. Washington Redskins (73.5)
Trent Williams has been the league’s best left tackle this season, and even moonlighted successfully inside at guard when injury forced a reshuffle on the line. RT Morgan Moses and RG Brandon Scherff on the right side have been impressive, but Shawn Lauvao has been an issue at left guard. Lauvao has surrendered 24 total QB pressures so far this season, fourth-most among guards. Spencer Long hasn’t been anything special in the middle, but he does at least represent a huge upgrade over their play at the position a year ago, ranking 22nd in PFF grade, rather than 30th and 36th, as the Redskins centers did in 2015.

13. Arizona Cardinals (73.0)
The loss of LT Jared Veldheer could send this unit slipping down the rankings, but John Wetzel held up well at least in his first start, albeit against the 49ers this past week. Outside of the left tackle spot, this is a unit far better at run blocking than it is in pass protection, which is part of the reason this offense has shifted from its heavy pass focus in 2015 to leaning more on RB David Johnson this season, one of the league’s best backs. The right side has been a major issue in pass protection, with RT D.J. Humphries and RG Earl Watford combining to surrender 13 sacks already.

14. New England Patriots (72.8)
The return of long-time OL coach Dante Scarnecchia has had a significant impact on a unit that was one of the worst in football a year ago, though the natural progression of a lot of young players is tough to quantify, too. Another unit better at run blocking than it is in pass protection, many of New England’s O-line struggles are masked by Tom Brady and his ability to get rid of the ball quickly. Jacoby Brissett and Jimmy Garoppolo each had even faster average times to throw than Brady this season, with all three ranking among the 10 fastest times in the league, at under 2.4 seconds per attempt. As a line, they have surrendered 91 total QB pressures on the season.

15. Jacksonville Jaguars (72.4)
Brandon Linder at center has been the star of this line in 2016. He currently sits at No. 4 in PFF’s center rankings, with a grade of 85.4, and has allowed just nine total QB pressures in over 410 snaps of pass blocking this season. Outside of him, though, this line has been average, and any strengths in one area are offset by weaknesses in another. Kelvin Beachum has been a disappointment as he comes back from a knee injury. He has surrendered 24 total QB pressures, been flagged five times, and currently has owns a PFF overall grade of 50.3.

16. Houston Texans (72.4)
An undrafted free agent in 2015, C Greg Mancz was a player that had graded exceptionally well in college, and he has been arguably the best player on this line this season as a starter without missing a snap. Mancz has yet to allow a sack, and has been grading well in all areas. Duane Brown showed this past week that he can still be an elite left tackle, with a perfect pass-blocking display against the Jaguars, but the other spots on the line have been varying degrees of concerning. As a unit, they have surrendered 108 total QB pressures on 349 pass-blocking snaps.

17. Kansas City Chiefs (72.3)
Most lines have some studs or duds on them, but the Chiefs are a group that lands in the middle of the pack, having really been average or a little better across the board. LT Eric Fisher has developed to reach that level, but that does seem to be his ceiling at this point. As a group, they have allowed only 76 total pressures, but Alex Smith is once again among the league’s lowest in average depth of target, at 7.5, so they aren’t being asked to protect for the same drops as some other lines.

18. Chicago Bears (72.1)
When healthy, the Bears have one of the league’s best interior trios. Josh Sitton has been an excellent boost to the line, especially given how he unexpectedly fell into their laps before the season. Rookie Cody Whitehair has been very good at center, given his position switch from college tackle, though his past few games haven’t been as strong as earlier in the year. The problem spot on the line is RT Bobby Massie, who has surrendered 27 total pressures in only 339 pass-blocking snaps and hasn’t made up for that with his run blocking.

19. New York Giants (71.9)
LT Ereck Flowers improved massively in year two, dragging his PFF grade up from a disastrous 32.5 as a rookie to a far more respectable 75.2 in 2016. There is still work to do there, as he has allowed 30 total QB pressures, but at least he isn’t the liability he was as a rookie. On the other side, RT Bobby Hart has the lowest-grade of the unit, struggling as a pass protector and run blocker, but Justin Pugh has been the league’s highest-graded guard so far this season, at 87.8—the Giants will just have to hope the time without him isn’t too damaging.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (69.2)
As a unit, the Bucs have allowed 124 total QB pressures on 387 pass-blocking snaps, and LT Donovan Smith has been responsible for 45 of them, the most among any single lineman in the league. Smith has been by far the biggest issue on that line as a pass blocker, but Ali Marpet redresses some of that balance with good pass blocking, allowing 13 total QB pressures so far. As a group, this is a better run-blocking line than it is a pass-blocking unit, with only LG Kevin Pamphile earning ugly grades in the run game.

21. Detroit Lions (68.4)
Taylor Decker has been the league’s best rookie left tackle this season. He has been reasonable as a pass blocker and solid in run blocking, and has outperformed the players taken ahead of him on the left side. Travis Swanson has been good at the center spot, too, giving the Lions a pair of solid performers, but the other three spots have been more disappointing, especially Larry Warford, who we have seen is capable of so much more. As a group, they have allowed 105 total pressures on 353 pass-blocking snaps.

22. Indianapolis Colts (68.0)
The Colts have allowed the most total pressures in the entire league, at 159, in 409 pass-blocking snaps. Only two lines have been asked to pass protect on more snaps (Green Bay and Jacksonville), but that still is the worst rate in the league, and a total that would be one of the worst we have seen over the past decade. The issue, though, is that Andrew Luck holds the ball longer than any QB in the league outside of Tyrod Taylor, averaging 2.75 seconds per attempt, so this line is pass blocking longer than nearly any other unit. The starting five is less of an issue than the depth, but any time they have been forced to the bench, things have been ugly. Jack Mewhort has yet to allow a single sack or hit across 298 pass-blocking snaps at guard.

23. Cincinnati Bengals (67.0)
For years, the Bengals had one of the league’s best lines, but this season they have fallen off. Heading into the season, they had two potential issues on paper at right tackle and center, and both have proven to be problems. RT Cedric Ogbuehi has allowed seven sacks and 32 total QB pressures across nine games, and C Russell Bodine has allowed more sacks than any other center in the league. Andrew Whitworth has remained one of the best tackles in the game, currently second in PFF’s rankings with an 89.8 grade, but he hasn’t had enough help.

24. Miami Dolphins (66.9)
Miami’s fortunes have adjusted drastically as the team pivoted to more of a power-running offense as the season went on, but it was really all on the back of Jay Ajayi’s hard running, rather than any dominance the line has in that area. Ajayi has gained 62.2 percent of his rushing yardage after contact, and is averaging 3.5 yards per carry after contact. Rookie Laremy Tunsil has been solid, allowing just one sack and 17 total pressures in time at left guard and tackle, but solid is the high-water mark on this line.

25. Denver Broncos (66.7)
The Denver Broncos line is actually okay, outside of one prohibitive position that threatens to sink the whole ship. At right tackle, Donald Stephenson and Ty Sambrailo alternate getting eviscerated by opposing pass-rushers, sometimes both within the same game. As a pair, they have surrendered six sacks and 46 total QB pressures on the season, which would be the most in the league if they were one right tackle. Russell Okung has been better, but he himself is responsible for 38 total QB pressures, second-most among left tackles in the league.

26. Los Angeles Rams (65.8)
The state of the Rams’ offensive line has to have weighed heavily on Jeff Fisher’s reluctance to throw Jared Goff into the firing line for so long. It isn’t the worst line in the league, but it’s a bigger problem than you’d like for a rookie struggling to adjust. The good news is that they are better in pass protection than they are running the ball. They have surrendered just 92 total QB pressures on the season, and have the 14th-best pas-blocking efficiency. The real problem is run blocking, where Todd Gurley has gained a massive 70.3 percent of his rushing yards after contact over the season. He averages 3.1 yards per carry in 2016, and 2.2 of them have come after being hit.

27. Baltimore Ravens (65.2)
This line looked far better on paper heading into the season, but rookie LT Ronnie Stanley has looked little like his preseason self, having allowed 18 total QB pressures despite missing some time injured. When he hasn’t been playing, fellow rookie Alex Lewis has been asked to kick out to man his left tackle spot, and that went about as badly as you would expect any guard playing left tackle to go (21 total QB pressures in three games at left tackle). When healthy, Marshal Yanda has been among the league’s best guards, but he has missed time, and there has been little else positive on the Ravens’ line this season.

28. New York Jets (62.0)
When LG James Carpenter is arguably the best player on the line, you know you have some issues. C Nick Mangold still has a claim to that title as well, but Mangold is a shell of his former greatness, and has been far from great as a run blocker, in particular. The tackle spots have been the real problem on this line, though, with Ryan Clady, Ben Ijalana, and Breno Giacomini combining to surrender 11 sacks and 74 total QB pressures on the season, with 10 penalties thrown in as well. QB play in New York has not been good, but that’s a tough situation to succeed in.

29. Seattle Seahawks (61.2)
Make no mistake, this is a terrible offensive line, but the last-ditch attempt to resurrect the career of Justin Britt has at least been a success, as he has been a solid center, with a PFF grade of 80.5. Even Britt’s season has been more inconsistent than good, and the rest of the line has been a complete mess, with terrible play coming from the other four spots, regardless of who lines up there. This unit had some success against the Patriots on Sunday night, but this was a failing more of the Patriots’ defensive front than any lasting positive from the Seahawks’ O-line.

30. San Francisco 49ers (59.3)
It’s only four years since the 49ers owned the league’s best offensive line. Like the rest of the roster, this unit has collapsed into ruin. Nobody on the line has a PFF overall grade above 80.0, and even LT Joe Staley, for years one of the league’s best tackles, has surrendered 31 total QB pressures, though his run blocking has at least remained strong. This is a line with no real strength, though it is at least better run blocking than it has been pass protecting.

31. Minnesota Vikings (58.9)
It’s no secret that the Vikings’ offensive line has struggled badly, and without the play of Joe Berger in the middle, it would probably be at the bottom of this list. Berger has been good, if not as good as a year ago, and is PFF’s sixth-ranked center with a grade of 84.5; the next-highest grade on the line, however, is 72.3 from Alex Boone, and the current four-starters outside of Berger average a PFF grade of 51.5. T.J. Clemmings in particular has been a disaster at tackle, surrendering 24 total pressures and owning one of the worst grades we have ever given a tackle over the past 10 seasons of grading.

32. San Diego Chargers (57.0)
It seems hard to believe there is a line worse than the Vikings or Seahawks this season, but at least in this metric, the San Diego Chargers take that award. The Chargers have allowed 147 total pressures over the season, worse than every team outside of Indianapolis, and with a QB getting rid of the ball significantly faster on average (2.45 seconds per attempt vs 2.75, the difference between 18th place in the league and 33rd). The run game may look better, but Melvin Gordon has gained 518 of his 838 rushing yards (61.2 percent) after contact, breaking 28 tackles to make it happen, so that flatters the blocking.

The Broncos the 8th worst,I find that hard to believe :smh:

Hopefully,the new offensive line coach will fix it :hmm:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
The Broncos the 8th worst,I find that hard to believe :smh:

Hopefully,the new offensive line coach will fix it :hmm:
If you notice all the teams in the top ten have great lines and living in NY I get to see the difference between how the Giants and Jets build their teams.. The Jets like to assemble players always trying to catch ligtling in a bottle while the Giants are much better planners making sure their foundation (or lines) are solid before going after the sexy picks.
We need to be less like the Jets and more like the Giants, even if it takes 4 to 5 years to get it right.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I just got a message from my NFL Mobile app...
"Seahawks coach Tom Cable withdraws from 49ers coaching search"

So it's Shanahan or bust
:cool::cool::cool:

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
I'm going to think positive. For all we know Kyle was the guy from the beginning and he probably knows it. We're just waiting until he playoff run ends. :D

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
BGOL Investor
I gotta say being a Niner fan is so eventful, we are tried and tested... In the 25+ Years I've been watching football, I've never seen the dominoes fall on team like THIS... Granted we're in a precarious position because ultimately our Top choices were coaching Elite teams so we were gonna have to wait, but McDaniel's, Kirschner(GM), Cable ,All 'Politely' declined our offer. You couple that with the other candidates getting scooped by other teams and Kyle Absolutely has us by the balls.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I'm going to think positive. For all we know Kyle was the guy from the beginning and he probably knows it. We're just waiting until he playoff run ends. :D

I mean if they were turning us down and we offered it they'd make sure they'd leak it and say nobody wants the job. That wouldn't be a secret it'd be a way to publicly shame us. That's just the way we get reported.

Just like last year it was assumed that Hue turned us down for the browns but it turns out we never even offered him the job.

just gotta wait and see.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I'm cool with Kyle , I hope Wolf is still in the race for GM

his name is scheduled for a 2nd interview so we'll see

I don't think Kyle is gonna want Kaep as his QB. Just a feeling I have.

i don't know maybe maybe not.
i lean towards jed saying he wants kap to be the qb and we can win with him but as always it's wait and see
kap had a horrible relationship with baalke not anyone else in the organization
baalke wanted gabbert remember? to draft instead of aldon smith and kap and kept him on the team and pushed for him to start over kap too
so
just wait and see

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
So
Gase liked Jed and Paraage
Baalke didn't want him he wanted Tomsula
and
now that Baalke is removed from the organization every person that interviewed said they liked what the 49ers were presenting?

lol
baalke man
he might need to move out of the bay. go back to new york

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Tell me something about Geep Chryst,he's suppose to be the Broncos new TE coach

He was our Offensive Coordinator, not this season that just passed, but the season before
He was promoted from QB coach to OC, when we hired Jim Tomsula
Dude was terrible calling plays as a O-Coordinator.....terrible

:smh::smh::smh:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
He was our Offensive Coordinator, not this season that just passed, but the season before
He was promoted from QB coach to OC, when we hired Jim Tomsula
Dude was terrible calling plays as a O-Coordinator.....terrible

:smh::smh::smh:

As,long he's not the offensive coordinator I'm good,but I hope he can coach up the tight ends....then again I don't want him on the team after reading what you wrote.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
As,long he's not the offensive coordinator I'm good,but I hope he can coach up the tight ends....then again I don't want him on the team after reading what you wrote.

Welp Geep Chryst was the QB coach when we first drafted Kaepernick, & when Kap was ballin
But I'm not sure how much of Kap's success was b/c of his own natural talent, or Geep coaching him, or Harbaugh coaching him

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
BGOL Investor
The Bears blocking us from Fangio is the definition of Hoe shit..: Best defense we ever had was under Fangio , I'd be HIGHLY confident in our 2017 prospects with Fangio/Shanahan and 80 Million to spend ... I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda worried about this Cousins scenario where we give up too much shit to bring him in, but I could live with it, all things considered..He's good and great with Shanahan, but we don't need him per se... I think Kizer or Watson could grow into exactly what we need.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
We don't need any of them. Kap could do just as much if not better than anyone you mentioned. He's proven he can lead a team to the super bowl if it has actual talent on it.
Don't buy into the media narrative which is Kap is bad- he just got through throwing 16td's and 4int's throwing to a pile of garbage.. what could he do with Kyle and some actual weapons? What'd he do with a julio jones?
Cousins has peaked. It's the reason why the redskins are willing to part with him.
Think about it. If it really was a franchise QB that they could win a super bowl with would they trade him for anything?
Just like Garapolo, if the patriots REALLY thought he'd be the guy after Brady would they part with him and try and find another replacement? NO.
I say keep kap let him have some damn weapons and a chance - Matt Ryan just got through missing the playoffs 4 straight years in a row they built a team around him and now they going to the super bowl.
When Matt Ryan had a team around him and Kap had a team around him, Kap won- Every time.

AND we can still draft a qb in this draft to take over eventually as well.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I'm going to assume Kyle Shanahan will be announced as the coach,after the Superbowl

The Bears blocking us from Fangio is the definition of Hoe shit..: Best defense we ever had was under Fangio , I'd be HIGHLY confident in our 2017 prospects with Fangio/Shanahan and 80 Million to spend ... I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda worried about this Cousins scenario where we give up too much shit to bring him in, but I could live with it, all things considered..He's good and great with Shanahan, but we don't need him per se... I think Kizer or Watson could grow into exactly what we need.

I thought the 49ers had 100 million to spend :dunno: